A Beautiful Tyrant

-3rd POV-

Ace put a hand to his chest, "I just about had a heart attack!" He exclaimed.

"Who jumps out from behind people like that?!" Deuce exclaimed.

Rook chuckled, "Did I startle you? Pardonne-moi." He said, smiling at them, "I'm simply too accustomed to concealing my presence as I make my approach. I am Rook Hunt, le Chasseur d'Amour. My life's work is to seek out beauty and support it. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

"Tch. Speak of the weirdo and he shall appear." Leona said, glaring at the male.

The blond waved at him, "Good day, Roi des Lions. But what is this? Monsieur Dent-de-Lion does not appear to be accompanying you for your lunch break."

"He ain't with me twenty-four seven. Now get lost, and take these herbivores with you."

"Who's Monsieur, uhhh...Dandelion?" The blue haired male questioned.

The French male chuckled, "That would of course refer to the Roi der Lions' confidante, Ruggie."

"Why do you call him that? 'Cause he's got a poofy head of yellow hair?" Grim said.

"Non, non. It's for another reason. It happened last spring...Just as the first beautiful signs of the season began blooming around campus."

-Small Flashback-

"Great, there's plenty of 'em here. Now to pick 'em before they turn into seedheads." Ruggie said, picking the dandelions.

"Bonjour, Monsieur!" Rook greeted, startling the male.

"Whoa! What do you want, buddy?!"

"I beg your pardon for the interruption. I am Rook Hunt, of Pomefiore. You were doing something fascinating, and I just had to drop by." He smiled.

"I'm literally just picking dandelions, but okay."

"To what end are you gather so many?" He said, as he looked at the bundle in the male's hand.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm gonna eat 'em."

The male's eyes widen, "What?!"

"You can make them into salads, sauté them, use them for tea...And more to the point, you can find 'em anywhere and pick 'em for free!" The hyena male grinned, "They're perfect for a broke joke like me. Not that you probably have any idea what it's like to be penniless. My food budget's tight this month, so I've gotta subsist on something. On that not, no time to chitchat. Free to move on and get out of my hair now." He slightly glared at him.

-End of Flashback-

"And there you have it. I was struck by his willingness to sustain himself on roadside weeds, and I've respected him more ever since. Thus, I call him Monsieur Dent-de-Lion."

"Dude, Ruggie eats dandelions?! How is that respectable?!" Ace exclaimed.

"He really will eat anything as long as it's not rotten, huh? He better not have fed me those things..." Leona said.

(Y/n) blinked, 'Note to self, buy everything for Ruggie-senpai.' She thought and nodded to herself.

"Non, non. They're not poisonous. And one must never be a picky eater, Roi de Lions." Rook said.

"Okay, but how do they taste? I gotta try me some later!" Grim said.

"How many times do we have to tell you not to eat off the ground?" Deuce said.

"Derp. You almost distracted us from what we came to talk about. Can we get back to the audition now?" The orange haired male said.

"Oh, right! Hunt-senpai, we'd like to apply for the SDC."