The Rose-Red Tyrant

And....the final chapter for Heartslabyul.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-3rd POV-

(Y/n) opened her eyes, but was shocked to see a younger version of Riddle in front of her, "Must be his memories..." She mumbled.

"Happy eighth birthday, Riddle." A older woman said, smiling at the boy, with a cake in hand, "This year's birthday cake is a low-sugar recipe made with nuts and lecithin-rich soy flour to improve your cerebral function."

"Thank you. But, mom..." Riddle began trailing off, before looking at his mother, "Just once, I'd like to try one of those tarts covered with bright-red strawberries..."

The female frowned, "Absolutely not! Those tarts are monstrously unhealthy. I might as well feed you poison! Even just a single slice would exceed your recommended daily intake of sugar." She then smiled, "Now, dinner tonight will be a tuna sauté rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. Now that you're eight, your caloric intake should be 600 kilocalories per meal, so don't eat more than 100 grams of it. Understood?"

The small could only look down, a sad look in his eyes, "Yes, mom."

"I'd always wanted to try one of those tarts with the bright-red strawberries. The local cake shop had them in the window. They shined at me like forbidden jewels."

"That's enough classical magic study for today. Your homework is to read the first fifty pages of the philosophy of language book referenced in today's magical philosophy texts. You may not have one hour of independent study before your potionology lesson." The older woman said.

Riddle nodded, "Thank you, Mother."

"I need some time to prepare the lesson materials. I will see you in one hour, okay?" She said, as the small kid left.

"I was studying every possible subject, scheduled down to the minute. When I didn't understand something, the lesson was extended until I did. That was my "normal.""

A knock was heard at the window, which made the small kid look up from his book.

"...Is someone knocking on the window?" He said to himself, as he went over to open the window..

"Whoa, he heard us!"

"Hey, come play with us!"

The two kids said, which (Y/n) took notice that it was Trey and Chenya.

"Who are you?" Riddle asked them.

"I'm Chenya, and that's Trey. Let's all play croquet! Oh, but it's lots of fun!"

"I can't. I'm supposed to be doing independent study, and I have a lot of homework to do."

""Independent study" means you pick what to do, right? My grandpa says play is a form of study!"

"Just play with us for a little bit!" Trey said.

Riddle was deep in thought, before nodding slowly, "...O-Okay...Just a little, though!"

"Hey, what's your name?"

"R-Riddle. Riddle Rosehearts."

"I had the best time playing with Trey and Chenya. We did so many things I'd never done before. They taught me lots of things I didn't know. After that, I snuck out of my room every day to play with them during independent study time."

"Whaaat?! You've never even tried a strawberry tart? They're out of this world." Chenya exclaimed, doing gestures.

Riddle nodded, "Yeah. My mom says sugar is basically poison."