The Usurper from the Wilds

-3rd POV-

Jack stood by the door, staring at the two.

"And what are you doin' up so late? Need someone to sing you a lullaby?" Leona said.

"Maybe I'll give it a shot!" Ruggie said, laughing.

"I want to know why. Why are you two doing this?" The silver haired male said.

"Huh. So it's a bedtime story you're after. All right, I got one for you." The lion male said, crossing his arms, "We went up against Malleus's Diasomnia team in round one of the tournament two years running. We were eliminated both times. We got a wall fulla championship trophies, but they ran circles around us like we were still in diapers. And that disgrace was broadcasted to the entire world. I looked like an incompetent moron. And now the pro league recruiters, well, they pass right by Savanaclaw." He scowled.

"But that's because we weren't good enough!"

"You're right about that. Last year, you could certainly say that we didn't give the tournament our all. Only a total moron would have thought we could win. But that's how naïve we were. We never even came up with a plan or nothin'. And we're got a nerve to claim Savanaclaw honors the tenacity of the King of Beasts! What a joke."

"But that's exactly why acting like cowards and cutting down our opponents is so wrong!" He exclaimed.

He glared at the freshman, ""Wrong," you say? Jack, who do you think I'm doing this for? I'm thinkin' about you and your dormmates here! This is about crushing Malleus and restoring Savanaclaw's reputation! The headmage said if we don't win this year, Malleus is getting included into the hall of fame. That means this is our last chance to beat him. And you're gonna throw it away over...what? Some moral superiority complex?"

"But...I..." Jack tried to find his words.

"Using your wits to corner your prey is part of the hunt. There's nothing cowardly about it."

The hyena boy laughed, "Night Raven operates on the survival of the fittest. Nice guys don't last long here."

"But Housewarden, if you got serious about playing, we could actually be a threat to Diasomnia! I saw the way you played three years ago! I'll never forget it!" The silver haired male said.

"What do you know about anything, frosh?!" Leona exclaimed with a glare, "You want me to "get serious about playing"? Hah! Now you're the one who's naïve. It wouldn't change a thing. Get outta my sight."

The male could only stare at him with a frown, before walking off.

"That boy could be a problem. You want me to take care of him?" Ruggie said.

"No. Don't." The brown haired male said, shaking his head, "Even if he goes and blabs it all to Crowley, he ain't got a shred of proof. And besides, that'd be a terrible waste of talent. Just make sure you keep an eye on him."

"Understood." He said, before walking off.

"Tch. Stupid frosh..." He mumbled, glaring at the floor, "Talkin' like he's better than me."

-----

(Y/n) was outside still. She had decided to train a bit, after speaking with the male, before her eyes grew dim, seeing the ink fall again.

"Another overblot..." She mumbled, as her vision returned to normal, then let out a small sigh, feeling tired after training and trying to use her fire and ice at the same time, 'I hope they are trying to find a way back for me instead of a certain crow...' She thought, as she walked back into the dorm and walked off to the bathroom to wash up.