The Merchant from the Depths

-3rd POV-

Azul woke up with a gasp, but the girl stayed unconscious.

"Oh, hey, you're awake." Floyd said.

Jade crouched down, and held up his fingers, "Azul, how many fingers am I holding up?"

"Er...Eight?" The gray haired male said, trying to focus.

"Still in shock, it seems. But your blot-induced rampage has subsided at last."

"That little tantrum you threw really put us through the wringer, y'know." Leona said.

"Uh, Leona-san, I'm not sure you get to say that." Ruggie said.

Azul looked around, "What did I...do?'"

"You overused your magic and overblotted. You don't remember it?" Jade said.

"You were sucking everybody's magic dry left and right, bawlin', "Give me your poweeerrr!"" Floyd said, imitating him, "It was the cringiest thing I've ever seen. I'm still not over it."

"Oh, no...Me, going berserk? I don't believe this..." The male said, before seeing the girl, and his eyes widen, seeing the frost.

"Hey, I can't exactly blame a guy for gettin' bent outta shape when something you've been building up for years gets ruined." The hyena male said, before pouting, "I mean, if someone broke the coin bank I've been saving my money in, I'd hold a grudge for life."

"But all those shady business dealing have gotta stop. You oughta learn from this." Grim said.

"How about you guys learn not to coast through exams using someone else's notes?!" Jack exclaimed.

The dual haired girl woke up a bit, and let our a small laugh, which made everyone look at her, "I'm still amazed Grim got an 85, actually..." She softly said, using her left side to regulate her temperature, as she clutched Jack's blazer close to her.

"...What?" Azul said.

"Y'know, it's true. One all-nighter reading that study guide you wrote was enough to bag me over a 90 on my exams." Ace said.

"Yeah. It was seriously on point." Deuce said.

"I heard from the headmage that you wrote that guide yourself, analyzing a whole century's worth of test question trends. I'm still now okay with your shady practices, but your work took serious guts. That much I'll admit." The wolf male said.

"Hmph." The gray haired male smiled a bit, before sighing, "Your clumsy attempts at consolation aren't helping me in the least."

"Awww, what's the matter?" Floyd said, leaning over to him, "Are you gettin' teary-eyed, Azul?"

"Oya oya. You're gone back to that ink-spewing crybaby again." Jade said.

"Hey! You two signed an NDA covering that exact topic!" He glared at them.

"Right you are. My mistake."

"Oh yeah, that reminds me..." Jack said, before looking at the girl, who took out the picture, "Here's the photo of Prince Rielle you asked for. We got ahold of it. The sun hasn't set yet. I think that seals our victory."

Leona took a closer look, "What's this? It's just some picture of a buncha mermen fingerlings huddled in front of a camera."

"Is it some kinda group photo of an elementary school class? What'd you want it for, anyway?" Ruggie said, as he looked.

Floyd laughed, "That takes me back! This is a picture from our school field trip." He then pointed at the two small eels, "Me 'n Jade are right here. Aaand..." He pointed at another, who shied away from the camera, "See the kid sulking way off in the corner? That's baby Azul!"