The Watchman of the Underworld

-3rd POV-

"Tch! We keep dropping 'em, but more just keep coming!" Leona exclaimed.

"20 more power armors inbound!" A technician said.

Azul hummed softly, "Hmm...Maybe I was too hasty in rejecting Ortho's invitation. Perhaps it would've been smarter to pursue a blue ocean strategy in their new world."

"Are you mad?!" Riddle glared at him, "Their new world would be teeming with blot, and Phantoms would run rampant! How long do you think it would take to rebuild society to the point where you could run a business?!"

"As the housewarden of Pomefiore, the most storied dormitory in all of Night Raven College, I'll say this...Some forms of technology and beauty can only be achieved through dedicated study over time. To reset that and revert everything to nothing would be utterly beyond the pale." Vil said.

"Power armors are 100 meters away and closing fast!" A female technician said.

"Can anyone else here fight?!" Jamil said, looking at the technicians.

"Most of us working at Styx aren't mages. They hire people with small magic pools because we're less likely to go out of control from blot exposure." The male technician said.

"Well, that doesn't make sense." The lion male said, glaring at them from the corner of his eye.

"Ortho's got control of all our technomantic weapons. None of them will turn on."

"Power armors are now 30 meters away!...Hm? Wait, what in the world?" The female technician said.

"What is it?" The male beside her said.

"Three of the armors just went inactive. Now there's five more. Five, seven...They're just stopping."

"Target acquired. Eliminating." The Charon said.

"They're here. Get ready!" Vil said.

"Your eyes will close, your breath will still...Sleep Kiss!" A familiar voice behind the Charon said, before they were encased in glass, which shocked the others, "Got 'em! By golly, I absolutely nailed the targetin' this time!"

"I'd recognize that accent anywhere..." Vil said, smiling.

Epel ran in, "Vil-san! We finally found you!"

"Epel!" He smiled, relieved to see the teen.

"My dear Roi du Poison! How I've missed you!" Rook smiled.

(Y/n) smiled, "Glad to see you guys safe and sound." She said, as her twin stood beside her.

Everyone's eyes widen, seeing the twins in Pomefiore's dorm uniform.

"Rook! And (Y/n) and Shoto as well. I'm glad to see you're both uninjured." Vil smiled, patting the twins head, making them blink.

"Rook, Epel...and the twins? What are you guys doing here of all places?!" Leona said, shocked to see them. Though he was more shocked by the twins wearing a dorm uniform since they were always seen wearing their hero costume or the NRC uniform.

"My dear friend was in dire peril, so I flew to his aid!" Rook smiled.

"This building's practically a labyrinth. How'd you manage to find us?" The Scarabia male said, brows furrowing.

"Let us save that for later."

"My spell's gonna wear off soon. They're comin'!" The lilac haired male said.

-----

"...And that's how I used my signature spell to follow you from Sage's Island. Once we made it in, I was able to track you down thanks to Vil carrying the "special" serum. I didn't enclose a note lest it draw suspicion. That was a rather discerning guess on my part, Vil." Rook said.