The Watchman of the Underworld

Guess Midoriya wins lol. He shall be in the story soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-3rd POV-

"Ain't nobody asked fer yer money!" Epel exclaimed.

"It's a performance fee, plus compensation for the month of nonstop rehearsals. It's not an unreasonable sum when you look at it that way." Vil clarified.

"But..." Deuce said.

""You cannot buy my feelings with money." That's what I said to my manager, yet here I am, unable to think of any better recompense. The irony isn't lost in me, I assure you. But I simply won't be able to move on otherwise. So please, accept it. For my benefit, if not your own."

Rook stayed quiet.

Kalim smiled, "Okay, sure! I'll take it!"

"Kalim?!" Jamil said, shocked.

"Just to be clear...I still don't think this is your fault, Vil. But if that's what'll help you move on, then I'll take the money. And now that I've accepted it, I'm going to donate my share to Ramshackle Dorm!" He grinned.

(Y/n)'s eyes widen, "Huh?"

"What?!" Everyone exclaimed in shock.

"You and your snap decisions..." Jamil looked at him, "Let me guess, the story about Neige gave you the idea?"

"Pfft, no!" The white haired male denied, before averting his eyes, "...Well, maybe a little." He smiled, "But also, I was truly shocked when we stayed here. It's super run-down!" He exclaimed the last sentence.

'Ah, right, I forgot that they stayed on some of the run-down rooms that I didn't renovate since it was only us and Grim...' The girl thought.

"You don't have to yell it out like that..." Shoto deadpanned.

"The hot water ran out when I showered, the roof leaked when it rained, it was always drafty..." Kalim pouted, "I'd never lived like that before!" He grinned, "They sure don't call it Ramshackle for nothing!" He laughed.

"...Yeah, I don't deny that." Jamil said.

"(Y/n), Shoto and the ghosts living here were such gracious hosts during our training camp. I honestly had a blast! So I want to give Ramshackle a little facelift as a token of my gratitude. The money's ours, right? Which means we can use it how we want."

"Roi Dore, your noble heart makes you worthier than ever if your golden appellation." Rook said.

"Kalim's gesture would feel hollow if I didn't follow his example." The black haired male smiled and looked at the twins, "I accept my share of the pay, and will donate it to Ramshackle as well. I was never in it for the money anyway."

"I made a deal with you, Vil. But at the end of the day, I still couldn't out-charm Neige. It wouldn't feel right to take your money when I couldn't hold up my end of the bargain. But I understand what you've been through, and I know how hard this is for you. So I'll take the money..." The lilac haired male said, and looked at the twins, smiling, "...and put it all towards fixin' up Ramshackle Dorm! Wouldn't it be great to give it the ol' spit shine and surprise Grim when he gets back?"

The dual haired girl blinked at them, feeling grateful, but also didn't want to accept the money since they deserved it too.

"Are you all sure about this...?" Her brother questioned.

"Maaan, talk about peer pressure." Ace sighed.

"Rrgh...that money would go a long way for my family. But still..." Deuce said.