The Watchman of the Underworld

-3rd POV-

"You're using your signature spell?!" Epel exclaimed.

"It's quite a weak one, actually. I can't hurt anyone or control anything with it. Nevertheless, it is an essential spell for a huntsman such as myself." Rook said.

(Y/n) tilted her head, "What does it do?" She questioned.

"It enables me to locate anyone upon whom I cast it. Even if they go over the Seven Jeweled Hills, or beyond the Seventh Fall...even to the very edge of the world."

"Daaang...That's a mighty scary piece o' magic." The lilac haired male said.

"When those Charon goons took Vil, I swiftly cast my spell on one of them."

"Golly, I didn't even notice!"

"Heh. I suppose it's time for the grand unveiling. Come, see if you can flee from me. Arrow Afar!" The blond said, using his spell, "Hm...As I feared."

"What's wrong?" Shoto said.

"For all my boasting, my spell is by no means omnipotent. If there's some magic-blocking vehicle or structure between myself and the target, my guideline is sharply cut off. It appeared they transported our friends in a technomantic stealth aircraft that can block magic."

"What? Does that mean even your signature spell can't track them?" Epel said.

"Not quite. Not even a technomantic plane can completely block out magic. They must drop stealth for the briefest of moments when using magic or radar. And in those precious seconds, I can envision the mark I've put on my prey. Every halting step is laid out before me, like the lovely footprints left by a dainty princess wandering the woods. For I am a huntsman. Once I set my sights on a quarry, I never let it escape." He then used his spell once more.

"I see it! They left the Land of Dawning where Sage's Island lies, and ventured northward over the Coral Sea. My tracking shows they crossed the Sunshine Lands and Kingdom of Heroes, then it stops well out over the water."

"So that's where the Island of Woe is?" The girl said.

"However, it's quite a ways from here to the Island of Woe. We won't be able to reach it on brooms alone."

"Then how were you planning to get there?" The lilac haired male tilted his head.

"One of my ancestors was an avid traveler. They had villas all over the world. And those villas contain teleporters that link to each other. We'll be using those. Luckily, there's a villa in the Land of Dawning, the Sunshine Lands, and the Kingdom of Heroes. We should be able to cover a substantial distance in one night using the teleporters." The hunter said.

"Wait, what?! Your family has villas all over the world?! With magic teleporters that go between countries?! Don't you need some kind of special government permission for that? Just what does your family do, Rook-san?"

"...Wouldn't you like to know?" He smirked, before chuckling, "I am especially grateful to my ancestors right now for their love of travel. There's a chance the teachers have noticed our absence and filed a report, so I'd prefer to avoid public transit. Oh, I can just imagine the disapproval on my forebears' faces if they knew what I was up to. "Don't use our legacy to upset your professors!" They'd say."

"But this is all in service of beaute and l'amour. I can only beg my ancestors' forgiveness...Anyway! Now that we have a plan of action, let us away before anyone notices we've absconded!"

Epel let out a small laugh, confusing the male.

"Hm! Is something amusing, Monsieur Pommette?"

"Oh, it's just...You're such an eccentric guy, and I can tell your family's super rich. But here you are, sneaking around like the rest of us when we do something bad, trying to hide it from the teachers."