The Watchman of the Underworld

Second part of the book came out! Yessss!

P.s. When I wrote this while my back was killing me. Don't worry, I took breaks when the pain got too intense and I got patches, they're very much helping rn ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-3rd POV-

"You want to play games?" Vil said, tilting his head slightly.

"I can offer you a vast selection of classic hit games...All downloaded for your entertainment." Ortho smiled, as Idia's eyes widen.

"But, uh, I'm sure you guys aren't into that stuff anyway." He averted his eyes.

"Hmm. What kind of games do you have?" The blond said.

"Sorry, sometimes us nerds can't read a room—wait, what?" The flame haired male's eyes widen, processing the male's words.

"I asked what kind of games you have."

"Whoa. But aren't you like...some sparkly, gorgeous supermodel? Do you really like video games?"

"What a narrow-minded thing to say. Gamers exist in every field." He deadpanned, "For that matter, plenty of celebrities play handheld consoles when traveling or during downtime when filming. I don't own one myself, but I've occasionally played one when it was offered to me. I thought it might be nice to do something I don't normally do, rather than squandering the next three hours."

"You know, Vil-san does have a point." Azul nodded, "I hear some Magicammers make a living off posting gameplay videos and other such content. This could open a new, lucrative door for me."

"I had a few consoles back home, but I haven't played any video games since I started at Night Raven College." Jamil said, thinking back.

"Well, Mr. Impossible-to-please—uh, I mean, Riddle is very studious, and Leona's a prince, so I doubt they play any..." Idia said.

Leona looked at him, his ear twitching slightly, "Huh? Of course I don't. I've poked at the chess game on my computer when I had nothing better to do, but that's about it."

"Forget about a game console; I didn't even have a TV at home." Riddle said.

"I feel validated now that you've both proven me right. Thanks." The flame haired male said.

The small boy smiled, "Then we should choose a game that's easy for beginners to learn!"

"Thanks, but I'll sit this one out. My mother told me video games are addictive and can hurt academic performance." The red haired male said.

"Wut. Are you serious?" Idia frowned before smiling, "Oh man, you're one of those guys. The kind that declares something's bad for everyone just because it's bad for them."

"But it's undeniable that getting too absorbed in a game will cut into your study time."

"Yeah. If you let it get that bad. There this one study that shows gaming in moderation enhances cognitive function and decision-making skills. If someone's grade tank just 'cause they played a video game, that's not on the game. It's on the person and their lack of discipline! Don't go blaming games just 'cause you don't have any self-control."

"Hoo boy...I think you've flipped his "go off" switch." Ortho sighed softly, as the others deadpanned.

"Oh, but don't get me wrong!" He continued to ramble, "I wouldn't dream of pressuring you into liking games, of course. Trying to shove a game doen someknds throat to prove how fun it is when they don't want to play...Well, that's a complete waste of time and rude on all fronts. I'm not here to drag your preferences, Riddle. You've been like this your whole life and kept the top spot in your class for years. No reason to mess with success. IMO. After all—you wouldn't wanna risk tanking your grades by picking up a controller, would you?" He laughed.