The Lord of Malevolence

-3rd POV-

"What kind of investigation we talkin' about?" Grim tilted his head.

"Our group includes a direbeast, otherworlders, a humanoid, various humans, and a beastman. We all possess different attributes. So we all just have to perform the same action, which will allow us to test our hypothesis under different circumstances. It's the perfect way to determine what special conditions let the mirror connect to Mickey!" Ortho smiled.

"It makes sense when you put it like that." Deuce said, as Ace nodded.

""Systematic isolation is absolutely essential to reliably reproduce a phenomenon." Nii-san says that a lot. We can all take turns spending the night at Ramshackle Dorm, which will improve our chances to reproduce a communication. What do you think?"

"This sounds kinda cool, actually." The orange haired male smiled, nodding.

"I'm down!" The blue haired male exclaimed, "We'll work together to find (Y/n), Shoto and Izuku a way back home!"

"Mrah! So far all we've had is the headmage pretendin' to investigate when he's really just on vacation." The feline smiled, "Ortho's way more dependable than that guy."

Epel nodded, "I'd like to help!" He then sighed sadly, "I'm just not sure how I could get my housewarden to sign off on letting me stay outside Pomefiore."

"Just say you're doin' a study group. So, what days are each of us gonna take?" Ace looked at the rest.

"Oi, I never said I'd do it." Jack spoke up.

"Wow, Jack, that's ice cold." He shook his head, "This could be the key to gettin' them three home, and you're just refusing to help?"

"I never said that either..." He muttered, "The thing is, I train real early in the morning, so I go to sleep by 10 p.m. I won't be awake when Mickey shows up."

"That's okay, you can sleep. (Y/n) will just yell and shake you awake." The tanuki mischievously grinned.

Ortho smiled, "That's reassuring to hear! Okay, let's assign Jack a weekend night when it'll be easier for him to stay up."

"Hey, slow down! I don't take days off from training!" The wolf male exclaimed.

Epel chuckled, "I never knew you could be pushy, Ortho."

The said boy hummed, "Hmm. If we're doing all this, it'd be nice to have a fae take part in the investigation as well..." He looked at the three, "(Y/n), Shoto, Izuku, do you three know any fae you could ask?"

The three blinked, before remembering Malleus.

'I wonder if Tsunotarou would do it?' (Y/n) thought.

"We know one guy..." Shoto trailed off, as Midoriya nodded.

"I categorically oppose this!!" A booming voice could be heard across the whole cafeteria.

The freshmen group were startled, before looking.

"What's all that racket over there?" Jack looked over, seeing Sebek angry and yelling.

"Oh, I know that guy from my Magic Analysis elective. He's in Diasomnia." Ace said.

-----

"Calm yourself, Sebek. You're in the cafateria." Malleus said, putting up a hand.

"Malleus is right. And besides, it's already been arranged." Lilia smiled.

Sebek's eyes widen, "But...you can't...I don't believe this...You lost your magic and you're...You're...withdrawing from the school?!"