The Watchman of the Underworld

-3rd POV-

"Man...Why'd Leona-san have to put me in charge? Talk about drawing the short straw." Ruggie pouted.

"It means the Roi des Lions has great faith in you, Monsieur Dent-de-Lion. The dorm is his pride—he knows he can trust you with it." Rook said.

"Yeah, well, trust doesn't fill an empty stomach. There better be some T-bone steaks in it for me later, or it won't be worth it!"

"Yes, I suppose so. Yet another reason we need them to make it back safe and sound."

Footsteps ran towards them, making them turn and see Jack.

"Ruggie-senpai!" He called out, coming to a stop, "I got your text. What's this about Leona-senpai getting kidnapped by the guys who attacked the school?!" He angrily said.

"You pretty much summed it up right there. I need to round up everyone in the dorm and check in with 'em. Could you give me a hand?" The hyena male said.

"Oh, sure. Happy to." He then took not of the twins, his eyes widening, "Hey (Y/n), Shoto, why are you both all banged up? Did they beat you guys up too?"

"It's just a scratch." Shoto said, waving his hand.

"Who cares about that when the guys and Grim are in trouble?" (Y/n) said, glaring at nothing.

The hunter put a hand on the girl's shoulder, "The NRC Tribe members were together at Ramshackle when it occurred. We were in the midst of a SDC postmortem when they attacked us. Vil, Jamil, and Grim were all taken just as Leona was."

The wolf male was shocked, "They got Vil-senpai and Jamil-senpai too?!"

"And the freshman that tried to rescue Grim were gravely injured." He said, averting his eyes to the girl's and her brother's bandages around them.

"Argh, why are those guys so reckless?"

"I must return to my dorm and fulfill my duties as vice housewarden, but...Monsieur Fier-a-bras. Would you be so kind as to go with (Y/n) and Shoto to check up on our injured comrades in the infirmary?" He smiled.

Ruggie nodded, "That would actually help me too. You can see if any students from our dorm are there."

"Got it. I'll be in touch once I know more." Jack turned to the twins, "Let's go, (Y/n), Shoto." He said, as he started to walk, and the said twins following.

-----

"Excuse us, coming in." Jack said, opening the door.

"Stay! Sorry, all beds are occupied. Write your names on that paper and then wait in your dorm. The nurse will attend to you later..." Crewel noted their appearance, "Wait, you're both perfectly fine. What business do you have here?"

"Ruggie-senpai and Rook-senpai asked me to check up on the guys in here. What about you, Professor Crewel?" He said, as the other two nodded.

"I heard a pair of pups from my class got injured. Really, how can these whelps be so foolhardy?" He looked at the twins, "Hm. On second glance, I see (Y/n) and Shoto has some minor injuries. Come here. I can patch up simple scrapes." He said, making the two sit in front of him.

"Ah, thank you..." (Y/n) thanked him, 'At least he'll fix up the messy bandages...' She thought, as he cleaned her wounds and bandage them again, before he attended to her brother.

"Which beds are Deuce and Ace in?" The wolf male said, before spotting the two, "...Oh."

"They haven't woken up yet." Epel quietly said.