The Usurper from the Wilds

-3rd POV-

Jack and Deuce let out yells before they punched each other, and staggered back.

The silver haired male panted, "Man, you just...You just don't give an inch..."

The blue haired male let out a breath, "You neither. You sure can fight."

"It's like every one of your punches rattled me to the core..." Grim said.

Ace was panting on the ground, "Yeeesh...Maybe we got a little carried away." He sighed, "At this point. I don't even care about makin' the stupid team."

(Y/n) looked at them, "You all really did take a beating." She mumbled.

"All right. The path ahead is clear. I'll tell you what I know." The wolf male said.

""The path"? The path to what?" The orange haired male said.

"The path my heart's telling me to walk. Remember, I'm betraying my own dorm here." He said, before scowling, "But I can't be quiet any longer! I don't care how strong the foe—I wanna face them with my own two fists! I've been training hard for this tournament. I was excited to see how far I could go. But these cowardly schemes are making me sick! A triumph won through treachery means nothing! I wanted to claim victory on the back of my own strength and skill, and fight to defend it!"

"I think I preferred talking to his fists."

The girl stared at the male with sparkling eyes, "You would make a great hero..." She mumbled.

"I get it! I know exactly what he means!" Deuce exclaimed.

"That's not a good sign." The feline said, crossing his arms.

Jack let out a small sigh, feeling bad to betray his dormmates, but had to, "Ruggie-senpai's signature spell—It makes its target copy Ruggie-senpai's movements. Since he's making the same movements as the person he's controlling, he's able to make it look like an accident on their part."

"Huh. So that's how he was able to get Grim to trade without getting caught. He just put out his hand, and Grim put out his." Ace said.

"That lousy, rotten...!" The tanuki said, before letting out a frustrated yell, "Now I'm angry again! Food grudges never die!"

"Wait, hold on a minute." The blue haired male cut in, "If he was mirroring the movements of someone about to fall down the stairs, surely someone would have noticed that?" He questioned.

"Ruggie-senpai didn't cause these accidents by himself. Most of Savanaclaw was probably in on it too." The silver haired male said.

"Myah?!" Grim exclaimed.

"Like you said, someone would have noticed if he was near the targets and also mimicking their actions. I believe he escaped notice by surrounding himself with a wall of his dormmates."

"The whole dorm was in on it? But why?" Deuce said.

"Well, duh. How well they do at the Spelldrive tournament could make or break their careers. If that's their motive, well, it isn't hard to understand where they're comin' from." The orange haired male said.

The wolf male growled, which made the male flinch.

"Dude! Don't bare you fangs at me! I'm just connectin' the dots!"

"Hmph. If they're not willing to show what they're capable of now, what does the future even matter? I'm most disappointed with our housewarden, Leona Kingscholar. He had incredible talent, but refuses to even use it!"

"Yeah, for a lazy as that is...He seemed insanely strong." The feline said.

"Right?! Why would you possess such power and not even hone it? I despise guys like him!" He exclaimed, "The way he played when I saw him three years ago...It blew my mind. That was the reason I came to this school. I thought if I joined Savanaclaw, he and I would be tearing up the Spelldrive field together."