The Watchman of the Underworld

-3rd POV-

"How are you two so calm?! Our school is under attack! We need to contact the other housewardens and—" Azul was cut off.

"Three flying objects approaching rapidly. Landing in three, two, one..." Ortho said, counting down. 

Then a crash was heard from the ceiling.

"Nona Team, reporting in. We have visual on Subject C. Idia Shroud and the technomantic humanoid Ortho also sighted."

"It appears we're out of time." The silver haired male said, frowning, putting his hand on his pen, "All freshmen, evacuate! By my authority as Octavinelle housewarden, I authorize—" He was once again cut off.

"Chill, Azul. Don't try and put up a fight. Just stay cool." Idia said.

His eyes widen, "What?"

"That's the Charon spec-tech unit."

"The Charon...what now?"

"Specifically, they're members of Charon, a special technomantic security force with Styx. Just take your hand off your magical pen and put your hands behind your head."

"As long as you follow my nii-sans's recommendations...Your chance of sustaining an injury drops by 87%, Azul Ashengrotto." Ortho smiled.

The said male sighed, dropping his hand, "Ah...All right."

"Target has surrendered. We request you come with us."

Idia let out a sigh, "Dude, you guys are being way too rough. You're gonna get sued one of these days. You're not even going after a Phantom here. This guy's a generally reasonable person. Couldn't you at least talk with him first?"

"We are prohibited from disclosing mission details."

"Ugggh, here we go with the "prohibited" stuff."

"Your presence has been requested at Styx HQ, Mr. Shroud." Another Charon said.

"Huh? They want me? Are mom and dad out of town or something?" He said, quite startled.

"We are prohibited from disclosing the location of personnel."

The male sighed, "K...Uh, I mean, roger." He looked at his sibling, "Let's go, Ortho."

"Hai, nii-san!" Ortho said.

"Idia-san, what is going on?! Why would they want you?!" Azul said.

"I'll tell you later. Basically, "do nothing" is the optimal strat for this random event." The male turned his head a bit, "Geez. There's a ranking-based event for my fave character today. I was gonna push it hard...This sucks."

-----

The Charon busted through the doors to the Headmage's office, where all the other teachers were.

"Who are you people?! And who gave you permission to come onto campus?!" Trein said.

"We are Charon, a special technomantic security force with Styx."

Everyone was shocked.

"Charon? With Styx?!" The professor said.

"You are Mr. Dire Cowley, head of Night Raven College, correct? We request you come with us."

Crowley stood up from his seat, "Very well, I shall honor your request. And would you please refrain from roughing up our students?"

"We are authorized to use force if they refuse to come peacefully."

"I can only hope no one gets hurt..." He looked at Trein, "Professor Trein, I leave you in charge in my absence."

"But headmage!" He said, standing from his seat, "Please, just take a moment to explain—"