Chapter 5: Confrontation

The video above shows the whole Nini and Ricky "I love you" scene including the part with Gina which they never showed all together in the show. Enjoy reading!

Ashlyn's POV (24 hours earlier)

"Hello?" I pick up my phone.

"Hey, Ash. It's Nini! I got a new number, cause my old one got leaked on the internet."

"Oh my gosh, Neen! How are you?"

"I'm good actually, but I have news. I'm coming back to East to see you guys until Summer!"

"What? That's incredible! Where are you staying?"

"I had a favor to ask you..."

•••back to present•••

"So yeah! Nini's staying with us for the rest of the year, just like how Gina was." I explain when Ricky and Gina enter the house.

"That's great! Welcome back, Nini." Gina steps out of Ricky's grasp and hugs Nini.

"Hi, Gi." Nini says. "I've missed you. Congrats on your work by the way. I guess we can kind of confide in each other with this whole fame thing now, huh." They bumped shoulders.

"Oh yeah, Neen, congrats on your single, it's...it's really good." Ricky and her lock eyes.

"Thank you...Ricky. I've missed you." Nini rubs his arm as she walks past him, but she doesn't seem ready for a hug.

"So, if you guys want, you can head into the living room." I say, and awkwardly wave the couple in.

"Ashlyn! The party has arrived!" Carlos, Seb, and Kourtney arrive.

"Ash, we need to plan the next meeting of the Finer Things Club. I'm thinking we do it over break the one day Seb and Carlos aren't away." Kourtney reminds me.

"I'm so in, Kourt, but you might want to look to your left."

Kourtney looks confused at first, but then sees Nini.

"Neen! What are you doing here?"

"I'm staying for the semester. Senior year, right?"

"Oh, Neen, I need my last semester with my best friend, and I need to talk college with you."

•••twenty minutes later•••

"Everyone, look who we have joining us." I say.

"EJ?"

"Hey, guys! You know it's only been like less than two weeks." EJ and Nini lock eyes. "But not for us two."

"Hey, EJ. How are you?" Nini steps forward and hugs him.

"I'm good. College is good, I'm happy as ever."

"That's good to hear."

"So, everybody we are going to have a fantastic holiday party with the bonus of Nini and EJ! And of course Big Red is here for the second semester, and Jet and Maddox should be here any minute." I look towards the door.

"I heard my name?"

"Mad!" I run and hug her. "And Jet, of course Jet is here too, everyone!" I say awkwardly.

•••Gina's POV•••

"So, Gina? How's the big new career thing going?"

"It's definitely going. It's busy, but I know it'll be good. And I have all of these people...and you."

Nini and I are sitting in Ashlyn's kitchen at the island. Nini hands me a second root beer and places her hand over mine on the counter.

"And Ricky." Nini smiles.