Chapter 74: The Last Time

Ricky's POV
"Gina? Gina, wake up, sweetheart." I lightly shook Gina's shoulder. I wanted her to be able to change before we slept.

"Ricky? What's going on?"

"We're in the hotel. Let's get you changed."

"Thank you."

She came out of the bathroom a few minutes later in sweats

"You're adorable." I told her.

"I'm taking that as a compliment." She tried to sass at me, but her voice was slow and slurred and clearly tired.

"Let's sleep. Come on."

•••

The next day, we arrived with the group at the airport. Gina looked gorgeous as usual, in a casual but stylish outfit.

The whole group was together now, and we boarded the plane, having a whole empty area to our selves in first class

"We did not sleep enough last night." Gina groaned, flopping down onto my chest.

"Well, maybe some of us shouldn't have talked all night."

"I just wanted you to know how much I love you."

"Well now I do, so you can sleep."

"Okay." She yawned. "Love you."

"I love you."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Gina's POV
The countdown has begun. Today is Monday, and there are only four more days of school. Four more days in school with Ricky.

Miss Jenn invited us to the auditorium for the last time all together.

The last time.

"Wildcats. This may be our last day all together. We can never know. But what we do know is that this is the last time we will all be together when you are all in high school. And to our junior, and sophomore, and freshman, you will hear this again in a year. And seniors, juniors, and sophomores, you heard this last year. You will forever be wildcats whether you were in HSM 1 and 3 or not."

"One last time." Ricky asked, swallowing deeply. "What team?"

"Wildcats!" There was an energy I'd never heard before, but a pain and it was clear there was crying.

"What team?"

"Wildcats!"

"Wildcats."

"Get your head in the game!"