Chapter 50: Solid

That's right, we've made it to chapter 50! Now we're gonna skip to the day Gina leaves for a week to go film in NY! By the way, I love Josh and Sofia's friendship!

Ricky's POV
"I'm gonna miss you." I told Gina as she pulled a sweatshirt of mine over her head.

"I'll miss you too, but it'll be good for you to not have this to distract you during your tests." She punted between us.

"I suppose. I'm gonna be thinking of you all the time, I hope you know."

"Ditto."

•••

"I'll pick you up in a week." I told her as she was called up at her gate.

"One week. Then the musical. I love you."

"I love you, Gina Porter." We kissed one last time and I watched until she was out of sight. God, I'm clingy.

I go back out to my car and drive off to visit with Big Red, Jet, Maddox, and Ashlyn. It felt wrong hanging with tall of them without Gina, like we were excluding her. But she was heading off for a work trip.

•••Day 1/5 Monday•••
"How you doing?" Ashlyn asks sitting beside me at lunch.

I just shrug, looking at the empty, cold seat beside me.

"Have you spoken to her today?" Ashlyn reads my mind.

"Not yet. She's just so busy."

"Well, call her after school. I, for one think that you two can make it work of all people."

"Thank you. Do you miss her?"

"Every day. I mean, I see her everyday too, but we used to be roomies. She's my angel sister, I love her. I know you do too."

"I do. A lot, actually. I love her."

"Call her after school."

"Will do."

•••Gina's POV•••
I sit down on a staircase at my work building after hearing my phone buzz.

"Hey, Ricky." I say, answering the phone.

"Hey, Cutie, you busy?" He asked me.

"No, I'm on a break. How was school?"

"Okay. I miss you. Like, a lot."

"I miss you too. I'll be back before you know it. Just four more of these."

"Ugh, don't remind me, Gina. How was your day?"

"Good. Got one scene done. Two more to go."

"Are you tired?"

"You could say that." I lean back on the stairs a bit. 

"How much longer are you working?"

"Two more hours. Should I call you later?"

"I'll text you. Just get to sleep when you get back."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Bowen, we're starting!" I heard from the rehearsal room.

"Coming!" Ricky called.

•••later that night•••
Ricky's POV

It was almost 9 PM when I was going to call Gina. Then I remembered the two hour difference and realized she might be sleeping. She would tell me to call her anyway, so I did.

"Hey." I heard her soft voice and saw her a bit in her dark hotel room. She was laying in bed.

"I'm sorry. Get back to sleep." I said.

"No, it's okay. I've been waiting for you. How was rehearsal?"

"Good. Kourtney's seeming a bit more confident."

"That's great, Ricky. I'll be back soon."

"Get some rest, my love, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"I love you, Ricky."

"I love you. Mwah!"

She smiled and waved, then hanging up.

We're solid.