Chapter 62: Career Day!

Gina's POV
It's six o'clock now, but Gina's mom is on a trip and won't be here for dinner. So when Gina fell asleep, I decided not to wake her up.

I noticed her groan and place her hand on her stomach. I moved mine over to it, and started rubbing it a bit. She smiled, clearly a bit more comfortable.

"Thanks." She grumbled.

"Mhm. How are you feeling?"

"Tired." She shifted towards me a bit, and I took the hint, getting into a more cuddlier position.

"I'm sorry." I realized that going from no blood loss to losing a lot of blood probably made you tired and a bit weak. "Do you need to use the bathroom?"

"In a little bit. I just need some Ricky cuddles for now."

"You got it."

So I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me, but she whimpered slightly.

"Oh no. Gina, I'm sorry, did I hurt you?"

"No, no. Moving just hurts sometimes. It's not your fault."

"Okay." I said, being extra gentle.

•••Monday•••
"Good morning, East High students! Welcome to Career day! Juniors, later today you'll be taking a career aptitude test, there'll be an announcement. Everyone else, just enjoy the fair, have a great day!"

"You excited, Junior?" I nudged her playfully.

"I'm curious to see what it says."

"But really, how are you feeling? Is it better than yesterday?"

"I'm okay, Ricky. The first day at school on it makes me a bit anxious, but I'll be better tomorrow."

"Okay."

"But I do have a question for you?" She said turning to face me.

"And what would that be, my gorgeous girl?"

She turned beat red at that. "Could I come see Elphie soon? Like are you available after school?"

"I am and so is the beautiful little puppy, Elphie."

"He's not just beautiful, he's also cute. He's almost as adorable as you." She whispered, brushing a thumb over my cheek.

"So I'm the cutest living being you know?"

"Yes. You are, Ricky Bowen." She muttered.

"Well, I think you're pretty precious too. You're priceless and gorgeous and wonderful and beautiful and lovable and unforgettable and adorable and talented and the perfect person in every aspect."

"That's a big word for you, Bowen." She said, looking down. She was clearly trying to distract herself from all the adjectives I used.

"Hey." I said, taking her chin and lifting her head up. "Don't you go hiding those gorgeous brown eyes now. Your blush is cute."

"Thanks, I worked hard on my makeup today." She said.

"That too, but I meant more the natural one."

"Oh, shut up." She shoved passed me and made her way to the girls. Then she stopped abruptly.

"What?" I asked.

"I love you." Then the girls skipped off.

Gina's POV
"Gina, the fashion booth Carlos is assisting at is so cool! They have these super cute white mini skirts that just scream Gina Porter when you look at them."

"Uhh..."

"You don't have to try them, of course." Nini winked at me.

"It would look so good on her, though." Kourt barged it.

"Guys, I'm on my period."

"God, Gina, I'm sorry. We don't even have to stop over there if you don't want to."

"No, it's okay, let's go. Just no white bottoms or skirts for me today."

•••

"Juniors, time to head to the cafeteria for a career aptitude test. We'll be calling you in smaller groups. Can the following people come down? Carlos Rodriguez, Seb Matthew Smith, Ashlyn Caswell, Gina Porter..." He continued to call out names as we walked to the cafeteria.

The test begins.