Chapter 12: Guess Who's back?

Carlos's POV
Today is Friday. Yes, it is the day of auditions and I am so ready for the role of the Wizard! Kourtney will be the perfect Elphaba, and little Seb could be the cutest Boq ever!

I heard that Ricky and Gina went on a romantic date yesterday. It was probably good for them, with Gina's job, they haven't had much one and one time. Ricky even said that he's barely climbed through the attic window at night because he wants her to get as much sleep as possible. I've got to admit, those two are cute together.

Gina walks into the auditorium looking absolutely exhausted today.

"Hey, Gi." I say.

"Hey, Carlos."

"Are you excited for the dance audition portion?"

"Oh...uhh, yeah. It'll be great."

"Okay? Are you okay, Gina."

"I'm fine!" She immediately defended.

I opened up my arms and she stepped into them putting her chin down on my shoulder.

"This is a lot for you, Gina." I say.

•••Ricky's POV•••

I step in the auditorium for auditions and see Gina and Carlos hugging and talking.

"Hey...buddy?" I say, Nini approaching me.

"You can call me Nini." She smiled.

"You auditioning?" I ask.

"Actually, I'm going to be assistant directing with Miss Jenn. I had to be involved somehow, but I don't really know if this is what I want to do anymore."

"I guess I kind of get that." I say, distracted by the tears streaming down Gina's cheeks.

"Go get your girl." Nini says, following my line of sight.

By the time I reach Gina, she's no longer with Carlos, and instead sitting in the front row of the auditorium with Ashlyn.

"Hey." I sit beside her. "Are you sure you have the energy for this?"

"What other choice do I have? Don't worry, Ricky, this week was the worst of it, of Romeo and Juliet. It'll get better next week. I have a less packed agenda, and by February I am almost finished."

"I trust you, Gina. If this is what you want to do, then that's your choice." I kissed the side of her head.

"Okay everyone! Thank you for making the time to be here today! I'd like to announce that Gina is our choreographer, Emmy is my assistant, and Nini is the student director. Kristin should be here any time with the camera crew, and-"

"We're here. Let's get some coverage of the students reactions."

"Channing." Everyone growled.

"I'm back!" He said.

"Oh, come on." Gina said, storming off.

Channing wakes over to me with the camera still on.

"What happened to 'we're just friends'?" He asked.

"Dude, stop it. A lot has changed since then. Like a lot, and you don't know the whole story."

He blew a heavy breath and backed away.

I looked around the auditorium for Gina, and finally found her in the dressing room.

"Maybe this, maybe this time." I heard her singing.

"Hey, Gi? You okay?"

"Yeah. I just can't believe that a camera crew is here, and out of all people, Channing is back. He was a big part of destroying my summer."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Not your fault, Ricky."

"I know, but still."

"Come on. Let's get to auditions."

"I have news, my dearest wildcats. For once, we will be doing something that for some strange reason, we, as a high school have never done. We will be putting on two shows instead one, and I will be double casting Elphaba for two different actors."

She was right. For some reason, we never did multiple shows at East High even though that's a normal thing to do.

"See?" I nudged Gina. "Now you definitely have a good chance."

"So let's get started!" Miss Jenn clapped.

The warm-up for us was "For Good". Maddox, Miss Jenn, Kristin, and Nini all seemed impressed.

Gina was incredible, and when we got to the dancing portion to "One Short Day", she really proved what she could do.

"Good job, Gi." I said, hugging her at the end of the auditions.

"You would make a very good, Fiyero." She pinched his cheek.

"Well, I would love you to be my Elphaba or Glinda...or anything, really."