Chapter 58: What I Want

This has got to be my absolute favorite chapter 💕

Nini's POV
Gina and I have come a long way. We're like sisters. Sisters fight. Right now we're watching HSM 4 after a long debate, and I can tell Gina's slightly embarrassed.

"Hey. It's great." I assured her.

She made a sound of discomfort, biting back a smile. Her cheeks were bright red.

"Gi, it's fantastic, I promise." She let her head fall on my shoulder and I smiled knowing she could now trust me. "Love you."

"Love you more."

•••Ricky's POV•••
I'm in my bedroom at my dad's place right now. I hope Gina's having a good time at the sleepover. I just posted a picture of her after she got her green makeup off today to show how much I admire her.

I look to the empty side of the bed beside me and notice a folded up piece of paper. It was the paper in Gina's journal. Something told me she meant to leave it behind here.

February 14th - Valentine's Day 2020
I want to go on interesting dates. Not the common ones. I want to frolic across fields together in his hoodie. I don't want to go to the movie theater. I want to cuddle and watch movies in a fort if only I had my own bedroom. I would love to just cuddle together and read at the park or in the corner of a library. I want to take his hoodie or jacket only when he sees me shivering first and offers it. I want to call him late at night, and fall asleep together over the phone. I want him to light up when a text from me pops up or when my name is mentioned. When he gets bad news, I want him to call me right away. Just like when he gets the greatest news, he calls me right away. I want him to lay across my lap and to run my fingers through his hair. I want him to do the same to me. We can rant to each other over stressful times. I want him to hold me between his legs when my anxiety gets the best of me, and I want him to place our hands on my stomach to help me breathe. I want us to be what everyone wants to be, for we're so good together. I want the rain dances and the rain kisses together and to sing songs and write songs for each other. I want him to jump in the rainy puddles with me and spin and dip me. We would complete each other. We would know each other so well that we could glance at each other and know what we're thinking. I want us to wonder how we got so lucky as we gaze at each other across the room. I want forehead kisses, hugs from behind, and shoulder or back rubs. I want our families to bond well and for us to all have a good relationship. I want my family to love him how I do, what's left of it that is. I want to know what he would never want and what his biggest desires are. I want to know how he wants me to support him and love him unconditionally, asking for barely anything in return. Just these small moments and memories. I want us to be able to be silly and crazy, but also serious and loving. We can talk playfully for hours or have deep and peaceful conversations. Or we can sit in each other's arms in silence for hours, just enjoying each other's presence. I want to feel comfort while falling asleep in his arms knowing that I am appreciated and loved and safe. No relationship can be perfect, but our's would be built off of love, strength, trust, communication, and faith in each other. We would fix any problem that comes our way. I want commitment and to be told I'm beautiful whether I'm feeling confident or the opposite. I want you to get me those just because flowers and give just because compliments. I at least want my hand holding buddy, who rubs his thumb over my palm and lifts my hand to kiss it. I want him to move his fingers through my hair and to allow me to lay my head on his shoulder. He'd wrap his arm around my shoulders or my waist. He wants to see me for me, and wants to spend so much time with me without being called a bad clingy. I want him to talk to his friends about me and not be embarrassed or ashamed. Let them complain. He feels lucky to have me in his life as a friend. We're able to have that lovely friend relationship plus more. His parents would approve of me and tell him to hold on to me tight and treat me right. I want him to be so happy that he hugs me til I can't breathe and we'll share late night chuckles together. He's not possessive or overbearing, but he's so kind and protective and defends me from all the bad in the world. He doesn't want me to be hurt or in pain or upset in anyway. The intricacies of the female body don't disgust him, he find them beautiful and takes care of me when it's a hard time of the month. He writes music for me and plays music for me and then we do it together. Whether he plays sports or not, I want to be his personal cheerleader and biggest fan and supporter through the triumphs and try-downs. I want to steal half his closet, but he doesn't care because he thinks I look adorable in his sweats. He supports me and loves me for me. He would trust me with everything in his life and defend me over his family and friends and to them. He writes me love letters and slips them in my locker. When we fight, I know he'll make things right and would never break my heart. He wipes my tears off my cheeks and cleans off any makeup. I want to be close to him and not fear being scolded or told that I'm too close and overbearing myself. I want to get this from one boy. And I don't want my heart to ever be dropped. I love Ricky Bowen. But he'll never feel the same.

(That portion is around 1,000 words, btw)

She wrote this that Valentine's Day she came to my house. She loved me back then? I mean, she did say she loved me in my hat for Thanksgiving. She was so heart broken and she had never even been in a relationship yet. She was only fifteen. She didn't deserve to go through that.
I pulled out my phone.

R: I love you so, so, so, so much❤️😘😍🥰💕♥️💙💜💗🖤💛💖💞💚💓🧡💘💝🫶🤍🤎❤️‍🔥❤️‍🩹

G: I love you too. Are you okay, Cutie?

R: Can I come over and talk to you tomorrow morning? I know you want to hang with the girls all tomorrow, but I don't think it can wait. I'll slip back out in like...ten minutes?

G: you're always welcome. I love you 😘

R: I love you ❤️