Chapter 27: Taking Flight

Ricky's POV
Gina was asleep, and I was beside her on her bed. She looked slightly green in the face, and awfully uncomfortable. I placed my hand on her covered stomach, and began rubbing it up and down to try and soothe the hurt.

"Ricky." I heard her groan.

"Yeah, sweetheart?"

"I feel disgusting."

"I'm really, really sorry, Gina, but I'm glad you're opening up to me now."

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that."

"Are you going to be okay for the trip, Gi?"

"I think so. I just need more rest."

"I've got all your stuff together. Go to sleep, Gina. Just rest."

•••The next day•••

"Hey, how you feeling, Baby?" Gina's mom let me just spend the night on their couch downstairs, and now we're getting Gina up.

"I'm okay. Not one hundred percent." She say up slowly. She turned beat red when she saw I was still here. "Oh hey, Ricky." She waved shyly.

"Hi." I said, kissing the side of her head.

"Okay, kids, we've got to be at the airport in two hours, so start getting ready. You'll be okay, Gina?"

"I'll get by, Mom."

•••At the airport•••

"Love you, Mommy."

"I love you too, Gina. Be good to her, Ricky."

"I will, promise. Let's go."

Gina was wearing gray sweatpants and my extra Salt Lake City college hoodie I gave her. I got two as a gift, and gave her one. She insisted I spray a bit of throb on it, and now she wears it almost everyday. I wore my normal blue jacket and sweatpants as well. I gripped Gina's hand, and we made our way to the gate.

•••On the plane•••

"So what's new with you?" Gina asked as the flight took off. "Don't need to make it all about me."

"Well, you're sick, but I am good. I feel good about the school year, my grades, college, the show. And not to mention I have the best girlfriend in existence." I leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"I'm proud of you, Ricky. I know it hadn't been easy."

"Gee, thanks, but I'm proud of you too. You've come a long way since you got to East."

"Yeah, I suppose." She laid her head on my shoulder and promptly fell asleep.

•••
"Welcome to New York!" The pilot said.

"I can't believe we're here! It's been a long time since I've lived in New York."

"Oh. I didn't know you ever did," I told Gina. "We learn new things everyday, huh."

"Absolutely."