Chapter 57: Three Steps Ahead

Ricky's POV
"Can I ask you a question?" I asked Gina, pulling my Jean jacket off and handing it to her. She blushed, taking it. The girls were staying over for a sleepover, while all the guys were leaving.

"What's up?" She asked, slipping it around her body.

"What went down with Nini?"

"Yesterday or today?"

"I'll take either." I threw my hands up.

"There was this whole debate thing with the girls about if people really can change or not, and I just felt kind of targeted. But she was having a hard day, and I just took it too personally. Sucks being one of the most young and stupid one in the group, I guess." She chuckled, looking everywhere but at me and fiddling with her fingers.

"Stop. Gi, you may be one of the younger ones, but you're not stupid. In fact, you're the most wise person I've ever met, wise beyond your years. I should let you get to the girls, I love you."

"I love you too, Ricky."

"See you soon, my special sweetie."

Gina's POV
I looked at him dreamily as he exited Ash's house. Right! That's where I was. I quickly shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut to get Ricky's appearance out of my head. I walked into the living room where all the girls sat.

Nini, Kourtney, and Emmy were next to each other taking up a whole couch and I wasn't going to interrupt the cuddles of Maddox and Ashlyn, so I took a seat in the piano bench.

"You okay, Gina?" Kourtney asked.

"Hmm?" I looked up at my friends. "Yeah, I'm fine, why?"

"You seem a little out of it. Missing Ricky already?" Ashlyn teased.

"Guys, I said I'm fine." I snapped a bit, standing up and retreating to the kitchen where I took a seat at the counter. I pulled out my phone, opening Instagram.

@skateratricky

My beautiful girl @theginaporter shined today as Elphaba 💚💚💚 I love you, my cutie ☺️ ——————————————————theginaporter Stop it, I love you 💕skateratricky I love you, Gi 💝

——————————————————
theginaporter Stop it, I love you 💕
skateratricky I love you, Gi 💝

13 more comments

"Did you guys see what Ricky just posted. He's literally the sweetest boyfriend." I heard Ashlyn say.

"Should someone check on Gina?"

"Who would be best?" Maddox asked.

"I will." I heard Ashlyn say. "Hey, Gi." She entered the kitchen. "What's wrong?"

"I'm fine, Ashlyn, I just need some me time."

"Do you not want to stay over?"

"I'll leave if you guys would have more fun without me, but I was thinking I would stay."

"Then stay. Come here, Roomie." The old nickname warms my heart, and I wrap my arms around her neck.

Ashlyn's POV
I'm holding Gina, when I suddenly feel a warm dampness on my shoulder.

"Oh, Gi, what's wrong?" I ask, rubbing her back.

"He's leaving."

"Who?"

"Ricky. He's going off to college. We'll see each other nowhere near as much as we do now, and I just..."

"You just what..?"

"I don't want to hold him back." I hear her voice crack.

"Oh, Gina, he loves you. You're never holding anyone back, if anything we are. You're always like three steps ahead, and a movie star now. You've got FTMTD, HSM 4, and The Fairytale Series on your resume. Plus you have R&J and The Wicked Documentary coming out. All that within a year, it's incredible. You're incredible. Now stop lying to yourself and acting like you're getting in the way and let's go have a great sleepover."

"Thank you, Ashlyn."