Chapter 11: Publicty

The next day, I don't have R&J after school, so instead I'm in the rehearsal room/bomb shelter choreographing for Wicked.

"One short day in the Emerald City, one short day to have a lifetime of fun." I mumble sing as I dance across the room.

Then I hear clapping.

"I assume Emmy spoke with you."

"Is this still what you want, Carlos. Like is it something you even ever wanted?"

"Yes, Gina. You were made for this."

•••1 hour later•••

"There you are." As the song finishes, Ricky steps into the room, wrapping his arms around from behind me.

"Here I am." I smile.

"We still on for tonight?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Gina Porter, if you are still in the school, please report to the auditorium to meet with Quinn and Mack."

"Oh. Well that was unplanned. But, Ricky, tomorrow, I will put my foot down."

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Call me. Tonight, okay?"

He blew me a kiss.

•••in the auditorium•••

"Hey, Quinn. What's going on?"

"I have a paper to give you. A few, actually. These are all the dates and locations for any interviews you have coming up with Mack or on your own. This paper here is information on a guy who is hoping to be your agent. Now we have an interview. Here...on stage...in literally five minutes, so sit."

About fifteen minutes later when the interview crew is getting set up, I see a familiar curly brown haired boy step in and sit in the back of the auditorium.

I shake my head. Of course he would be here.

"So, Gina. This is your third project now. You've done Frozen: The Musical: The Documentary, High School Musical 4: The Reunion, you're now working on Romeo and Juliet: Jf they didn't die, and your school is going to be starring in Wicked: The High School Musical: The Series! How does it feel being in so many projects in just about half a year?"

"Well, it definitely happened for me in the most unexpected way. I went to summer camp having no idea that this would all begin. I came back to school not knowing that all this could happen. It's very special and surreal, and really fun, but those special moments in classes or in my bedroom with my friends with no cameras around, is really an important thing to me."

"Next question. What are you planning on doing next?"

"I don't know, I really want to just spend time with no cameras around with my family, and my friends, and my...boyfriend who's going off to college next year." My eyes are pulled over to Ricky.

The cameras turn to face him.

"Wait is that the Math Nerd Boy from HSM 4? He's my favorite!"

"Yeah, that's him." I chuckle under my breath.

•••Ten minutes later•••

"Gina, that was great! And I learned something new. Viewers actually appreciated me."

"Well I appreciate my super cute super fan." I wrapped my arms around his neck as we exited the building.

He pulls me in closer than ever and kisses different than before. He moves out every few seconds for air, but always comes back.

"I waited so long to do that." I say, thinking back to last school year.

"Well now I'm making up for what we missed. Let's get you home, now, Porter."