Chapter 45: Here For You

Ashlyn's POV
The next day, I was really worried about Gina. I called her mom, and she didn't come home or over to any of our friend's places. I finally figured out that she was sleeping at Ricky's which I assumed she wouldn't be allowed to.

But Ricky would never do anything to her with the state she was in.

EJ and Ricky are the only ones who have any idea what's going on, and they still don't even know all of it.

When I get to school, I see a tired Gina laying against the locker next to mine. That was a surprise. Usually I would have to approach her first after something like this happened.

"Hey, Gi." I said softly, approaching her.

"Hi, Ashlyn. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for not being here since lunch yesterday, and for the lack of communication...it was a strange day."

"Gina, I don't know what happened, but I do know that you do not need to apologize for it. When you're ready to talk about it, we'll talk about it."

"Thank you, Ash." She reached forward to hug me, and when we touched, she flinched a bit before melting into my arms.

•••
Gina's POV
Today wasn't as bad as yesterday, but I wouldn't say it was great. Yesterday I started having flashbacks from when I was younger and had multiple panic attacks before I skipped school after the worst one at lunch.

I was only in my first class of the day right now, but it felt like I'd been here for days. I was bobbing my knee really fast, trying to focus on what the teacher said, but my ears were ringing and I didn't catch any of it.

"Gina?" The teacher said. "Do you know the answer to number sixteen?"

"Uhh..." I looked at my paper, and even with my lack of attention, I could've figured it out, but my voice wasn't working. It was as if someone flipped a switch and it turned right off.

"Alright," the teacher moved on. "Seb, do you know sixteen?"

•••

By lunch, it was definitely a bad day again. But I wasn't giving up. I had my act one run through today.

I was sitting at our lunch table just letting Ricky hold me as tightly as he could.

"So, Gina, how are you doing?" Seb asked.

"I'm okay. Ash, can I ask you a question?"

"What's up?"

"Do you have an empty bed tonight?"

"For you, always." Ashlyn said.

"Also, I'm not gonna be at Ash's house tonight because I'm sleeping over with Kourt." Nini explained.

"Thank you." I mumbled looking down at my nails.

"It's nothing."

•••After rehearsals•••
"Ready to go, Gi?" Ashlyn asked me.

"Yeah. Thank you, Ashlyn."

"Let's get going." She said, and I headed over to the exit to the student parking lot. "I'll catch up!"

Ashlyn's POV
"Ash, are you cool with us coming over to check on Gina in a bit? We want to understand what she's going through." Carlos says.

"Sure. She might not be in the mood, but give us an hour or so, and maybe she'll let you in."

"Thank you Ashlyn."

Then I headed out to my car. Gina was already in the passenger seat texting someone.

"You alright?"

"I'm good."

When we got back to my house, Gina went straight to the guest room. I decided that giving her some space was best.

I went to the kitchen and peeled some oranges for Gina. I spoke with Ricky, and he said that she's been sleeping horribly these last few nights and not eating much. This should be good for her.

"Ashlyn?" I eventually heard.

"Coming!" I shouted upstairs. "Hey, can I come in?" I pushed the door open a bit.

"Please do." She patted the empty side of the bed.

"I brought you some oranges. You should eat."

"Thanks, Ash."

"So do you want to tell me what's going on?" I asked. She started to answer, but then I heard voices calling up the stairs.

It was Carlos, Seb, Kourtney, Big Red, Maddox, Jet, Nini, and Ricky.

"Can we come in?" Maddie asked.

"Up to you." I looked to Gina.

"Yeah, come in."

"So, Gina, how are you doing?" Big Red asked.

"Would you be comfortable telling us what's going on?" Kourtney sat on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah...yesterday marked ten years since my dad...well...left my family."

"Oh, Gina." I wrapped an arm around her.

"We're here to listen." Carlos assured her.

"And we've got free hugs for you." Seb smiled.

"Thank you, guys. This week is always hard for me, probably always will be. Thank you for supporting me."

"We love you, Gina." Nini reminded her.

"I love you guys too." Ricky reached over to hug her. "Thank you."