Chapter 39: The OG's

Gina's POV
So it's another normal rehearsal, I'm just minding my own business, and then in comes Idina freaking Menzel!

"Ricky. Do you know who that is?"

"No..?"

"It's the actress for Elsa and the original Elphaba on Broadway! She is here. In our school. Right now!"

"I mean, that's great, Gi. But I'm not exactly surprised with what's happened in this last year."

"I guess you're right." I said, leaning into him. "But it's still so exciting!"

"True."

•••

"Everyone, as you can see we have another special guest here today." Miss Jenn said. "Idina Menzel, is reserved mainly for Kourt and Gina, but you all have the opportunity to meet her. Let's get Kourtney and Gina over with us, Ashlyn and Ricky with Kristin, and everyone else work with Carlos."

I walk over with Kourtney to meet the Idina Menzel.

"Hi. You must be Gina." She said to me. "And Kourtney."

"H-hi." I said, my eyes widened.

"It's great to meet you both, from what I've heard, you two are incredibly talented."

"Oh. Thank you, it means a lot." I said.

"I know Gina is, but I don't know about me." Kourtney said.

"No, Kourt-" Idina cut me off.

"I know Gina is, but I also know that you are too. That's what I'm here, to help you both embrace the character of Elphaba and feel confident in the role."

"Wow. Thank you, Miss Men-"

"Call me Idina. Or at least, Miss Idina."

•••

"So how was meeting the OG Elphaba?" Ricky asks me on a rather long water break.

"It was incredible. She gave Kourt and I pointers on memorization of lines, music, dances, and on being confident on stage."

"Anything on improv? I couldn't find any classes this Christmas in the area."

I shook my head, chuckling. "Sorry, Ricky. We didn't get to improvisation with her yet, but I'll try and ask. How was Kristin?"

"Good. She's really a cool person."

"I'm glad."