Chapter 75: Lynne

Thank you for 19,000 reads!!!! We have 75 chapters already!Expect about 100 in this story, and make sure you go save Love You Forever and vote for what's up, because before you know it, Rina will be graduating from college!
Here's the chapter! Enjoy!

Gina's POV
After our final goodbyes, Ricky and I drove over to his mom's apartment. He's spending the night there tonight, but I don't go to see her very often.

Ricky's mom is nice to me, but I knew that Nini had a very different relationship with her. They'd know each other for over a decade now, and even though I probably don't have to, I always end up walking around eggshells with Lynne.

"You okay?" Ricky asked, taking a hand off the wheel to squeeze mine. He didn't take his eyes off the road ahead.

"Yeah, of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"You seem nervous." He chuckled.

"And what makes you think that?" I snapped. "S-sorry, Baby."

"It's okay. I just mean that you're, like, tapping your foot, putting your hands in fists, biting your lip. I know the signs, sweetie."

"I shouldn't have snapped at you like that."

"Gina, it's okay. Now what's on your mind?"

"Does your mom like me?" I finally asked.

"What!? Of course she does! She was so worried about you when you got sick and fainted from that panic attack, and she was so happy that I was trying to tell someone else I loved them. When I was trying to make a speech to tell you, she said she was happy I was fired up about someone new. Her words, not mine."

"Really?"

"Yes! Come on, let's go in. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. And I'll be with you the entire time. I'm not leaving." He promised, stopping the car.

"I- okay." I sighed in defeat. Maybe she did like me.

"Hi, Gina, how are you?" Lynne asked me as we stepped inside.

To be honest, I wouldn't say I'm fabulous, but that isn't Lynne's problem

"I-I'm great, Miss Bowen, thank you. How are you?" I asked.

"Just fine. Come right on in."

"Thank you."

Ricky's POV
I squeeze Gina's hand. It's clear she's still anxious being here. Gina is seventeen, I'm about to trim nineteen in a month. I know she wants to meet my parents standards, and she doesn't understand that she already has.

"Let's go to my room." I knew that as soon as she saw the piano, she might calm down and turn to that. "You want to play something?" I asked her as we entered.

"Umm...can you just hold me right now?" She looked at me sheepishly.

"Of course I can." I reassured her.

We walked over to my bed. I sat down, and she immediately crawled on from the end of the bed and put herself in between my legs. I wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my hands on her stomach.

"We haven't gotten a lot of this recently." She whispered, putting one of her hands behind her and into my hair.

"Yeah. With your work and finals...it's just hard."

"Only four more days. And tests are done."

"Yep!"

She grabbed the fuzzy blanket on the end of the bed and pulled it over herself.

"Are you excited for camp?" She asked, nuzzling herself further into my neck.

"Yeah. You?"

"Mhm." She looked away from my eyes, and that's when I knew something was up.

"Gi? What's up?"

She sighed. "It's just...last summer? That was my first time there. And we all went there for-" she faltered, swallowing.

"EJ." I muttered.

"Yeah. When we go there, everything is going to remind me of him. Well not him, but of last summer. The amphitheater, the auditions, the camp out night, the canteen. It might be a great time, but I also can't know if I'll end up ruining the mood."

"You won't ruin anything. I'll be there with you the whole time, Gina, and by the end of the two weeks, maybe camp will remind you of yourself, no one else."

"I love you, Ricky."

"I love you too, Gina Porter."

700 words