Chapter 33: Is it something else?

TW: Panic attacks. Yes, multiple. This reflects my, and other peoples, specific experiences with these, but it's not the same for everyone.

Gina's POV

I stood in the girls bathroom.

"Gina, calm down. Stop freaking out, you're fine." I whispered to myself.

God, why do I feel so lightheaded?

"Gina. You are fine, stop being such a baby, this is just life. You're not a kid anymore, knock it off."

Why is everything blurry?

You'll never be good enough!

You'll never be pretty!

What is there to love about you?

Your hideous!

No one would notice if you were gone!

I took shallow, heavy breaths and leaned against a wall.

"Suck it up, Gina, you're sixteen years old."

I walked out of the bathroom, a bit wobbly, and made my way with my water bottle to the drinking fountain. I put it underneath the spout, allowing it to fill up.

"Gina?" I heard in the distance. "Are you ready?"

"Coming!" I shouted, though it came out much softer.

I walked into the rehearsal room. Was Ricky going to kiss Kourtney? Was he going to hold her the way he holds me? Is this how he feels with the movies I'm in?

Have I earned this?

I'm hurting him.

I don't deserve him.

I haven't earned him.

He wants someone better than me.

"Gina? Are you okay, honey?" Miss Jenn placed a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"I-I'm..." I swallowed "fine."

"Okay..." she said hesitantly.

•••after rehearsals end•••

Ricky's POV
I really didn't want Gina to be so upset. I was worried about her. She's getting super distant, and all over us other kids talking about something and not being ready to explain quite yet?

Or is it something else?

Back to Gina's POV
I'm back in the bathroom. No, I don't have some digestive issues, It's just that it's the only place I can seem to be alone.

I really don't feel great.

I start breathing heavy again, and lean against the wall.

I let a curse word slip through my lips, and my stomach aches horribly. My head throbs.

"Gina?" Was that Ashlyn? "Are you in here?"

"Over here, Ash."

"Hey, Gi? Are you alright- Gina! Oh my god, help! A student just fainted." And it went black.

Not again.