Chapter 22: This is Friendship

What I'm hearing as I start to write this! This is a pretty big chapter, by the way!!!

Nini's POV
So here I was. Sitting on Gina Porter's bed after knowing each other for just under a year and a half.

The girl I once stole all of her stuff from and then gave it back. The girl who dated the two guys I did. Somehow we were friends through it all.

Now here we are. Sitting together on her bed, with my arm wrapped around her and her head on my shoulder as she cries, confiding in me more than she does to Ricky or her mom.

This is what friendship is, and God, it's beautiful.

•••

"Gina. I should head out."

At this point we were laying back on her bed. I was so happy her and I were back to normal.

"Sit next to me at lunch tomorrow?" She asked as we sat up.

"You know it."

•••Ricky's POV•••

I was walking up the walkway to Gina's porch, when I saw Nini walking away from her house.

"Hey, Richard." She said quickly, continuing to walk away.

I saw Gina on a porch swing, and she smiled softly at me in the darkness. I pointed at her and then back in Nini's direction with a confused expression on for sure.

"Work out the kinks?" I asked, sitting  beside her.

"You could say that." She said, curling into me.

"Hmm, good to know."

"Yeah. So what's up?" She asked sitting fully up.

"Just wanted to check up with my favorite girl in existence." I leaned in to kiss her.

As she pulled away she had a dreamy expression on her face.

"What?" I laughed.

"You just make me really happy, you know that?"

"Also good to know. What else?"

"I have something to tell you, Ricky."

"And I want to hear it, no matter what."

"First of all, this can be as big or as small as you want. It doesn't matter, and it doesn't have to change any part of our relationship. I love you all the same, I just don't want to keep this inside anymore."

"I'm listening." I grabbed her hands.

•••Nini's POV•••

As I walked back to Ashlyn's house, I thought about my time spent with Gina just minutes before.

I thought about the things we discussed, the things she confided in me about. The decisions and discoveries she was making.

I turned the knob and stepped into Ash's house. I stomped off the small bit of snow on my boots.

"Hey, you." Ash said, walking down the stairs.

"Hey." I said, not making eye contact as I tore off my jacket.

"Where'd you go?"

"I went to check in with Gina."

"Is she alright?"

"She's good, just figuring stuff out with...everything in life lately, I guess. She's not really talking things out with everyone."

Ashlyn titled her head to the side and raised an eyebrow. "Ricky?"

"That's one of the people."

"What'd she say?"

"Not my thing to put out there."

•••Gina's POV•••

"I just don't want to keep this inside anymore." I told Ricky.

"I'm listening." He reached out, and grabbed my hands, rubbing them lightly with his thumbs.

"I don't really know how else to say this." I took a deep breath.

"Say it." He smiled softly.

"Here goes." I muttered.

"Yeah?" He said, lowering our hands to on top of my legs.

"I got a new offer for a TV show."