Chapter 40: Clingy? Could not be me.

Ricky's POV
After rehearsal today, I don't get to hang out with Gina because she has an interview on set with Mack and then has work until ten.

I know I sound clingy, but we only have a few months left until our lives are completely different, and I really don't know what's gonna happen between us.

Gina's POV
Thanks to Mack, we have to do this stupid interview. If he hadn't gone on a livestream before the cast of Romeo and Juliet was even announced and said he quit, then we wouldn't be here. Now we have to do this whole dumb interview explaining why he came back.

"So, Mack. Why is it that you gave that false info?"

"Well, Sharon, it turns out that my contract wouldn't allow me to quit at that point in time, and also I kind of have too much pride to actually quit something like this."

"Interesting." The interviewer says, uninterested.

After the interview, I return to my trailer and collapse on the couch. It's only seven o'clock. I don't get to go home for three more hours.

These long days feel kind of illegal!

Today we're filming a scene where Romeo and Juliet sneak out to see each other. We have to wait until it gets darker out to fill it, and that's why we have to stay so late. Ugh!

I grab a container of fruit out of my mini fridge, and a granola bar, and start munching on that for my dinner.

"Gina. We need you in hair and makeup!" I eventually here Maddox call from outside.

I sigh, throwing away my trash, and get ready for another long night. I can't wait for this to be over.

Ricky's POV
It's 9 PM now, and Gina's been filming for the last few hours. I'm gonna go pick her up and walk her home.

I start grabbing the things I want. My phone, a water bottle for Gina, and arms ready to hug.

I start walking down towards East High, because she's filming right across the street from there.

I get to the trailers around 9:45, and text her that I'll be hanging in her trailer.

I walk in, and see that somehow she's kept it surprisingly clean.

I hear voices outside of the trailers, and make my way back out to them. Though I can tell she's exhausted, I see Gina darting fast to me.

She collided into me, and I almost feel down, but I didn't. She wrapped her arms around my neck, and her legs around my waist.

"Well hello there." I say.

"Hi." She mumbles into my shoulder.

"Happy to see me?" I ask.

"Yeah." She slowly slides of of me and back onto her own feet, but her arms remain around me, and her cheek is still pushed up against my chest.

"You alright?" I ask her.

"Just tired, and Ricky sick."

"Ricky sick? What's that?" I ask.

"You know home sick? I'm Ricky sick."

"Ah, I see. Ready to walk to your place?"

"I don't want you to leave."

"I'll see you again in the morning. Your mom said if I was gonna pick you up, I had to bring you right back home."

"Alright." She sighs. "Let's walk slow."

We walk slowly hand in hand, and I take in the sight of her beauty. Her hair was braided in two today, and she was wearing no makeup at this point and just his sweats. But she looked beautiful.

"How's Elphie?" She eventually asked.

"Good. He's cute as ever, but also behaving. Dad loves him."

"I'm glad. Maybe I can come see him soon?"

"Of course. Whenever."

"Thank you." She said, laying her head against my arm.

"Well here we are." I sighed.

"Yeah." She turned to face me. "Goodnight, Ricky. I love you."

"I love you too, Gina. Goodnight." I kissed her quickly, and then she walked inside.

I don't want to lose her.