Chapter 77: We'll Figure It Out

Gina's POV
It's Tuesday. One out of four more days.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Ricky. We're all at lunch as I place my hand on her shoulder.

"To be honest, I've always hated school, but now it's weirdly...emotional."

"And that's okay. It makes sense. You've been doing this pretty much your whole life, and now you're...it's a big transition, Ricky." I sigh.

"And how are you?"

"I'm good. I'm so excited for the summer, and for this movie to wrap."

"You have work tonight, right?"

"Yeah. Umm...I'm actually leaving after lunch, finishing schoolwork on set and filming. I'll text you when I get home."

"Okay." He frowns.

"What's wrong?"

"I just don't want you to push yourself too much. Will you call me when you're done with homework?"

"Yeah. I will, sure."

•••

"Gina, we need you in hair and makeup!"

"Porter, set 3 now!"

"G-Force, they want you in costuming! They got to take some measurements!"

Today might have been one of the most stressful days I have. The closer I get to eighteen, the more hours I get, and I'm so tired. I've finally made it home, and I'm getting to start on my homework.

"Come on!" I groan, falling back on my bed.

"Gina? You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Mom!" I yelled, muffled in my pillow. I picked up my phone as it buzzed.

"Hey

"Hey." I yawned into the phone.

"Hi, Baby."

"What's up?" I asked, sliding the English assignment back into my folder.

"Are you okay?" He finally asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"I don't know, you're acting strange."

"Sorry, I'm just tired, and this assignment made perfect sense in class today, but now it just...it doesn't."

"Gina, let's FaceTime." I heard him pulling the phone away from his ear.

"Okay." So we switched to FaceTime.

It wasn't until he mentioned it, that I realized I was crying.

"Sweetie, why is this getting to you so quickly?" Ricky asked.

"I don't know! I mean, why do I have a four page packet on the last week of school? And why can't either school or work understand what I have going on outside of them and try and be more accommodating? I just want it to be summer already."

"I know, Gi, and it will be soon. Just a couple more weeks of filming and three more days of school."

"Okay, but what am I supposed to do now? I'm so tired and I just-"

"Gina, just go to sleep. We'll figure it out in the morning, I'll pick you up."

"I love you." I blurted.

"I love you. So, so, so, so, so, so much! Mwah! Goodnight, Gi."

"Goodnight, Ricky."