Chapter 89: Happy Campers...or not?

Picture of me above! Wasn't sure if i should put it up here or not. I'm going to a Halloween party tonight!

Only 12 chapters left 😭 but don't fear! Add Love You Forever to your library now! I will start updating that one directly after Puppy Love is completed!

Ricky's POV
Tonight, we were all sitting around the campfire, just hanging out. I looked across the fire confusedly, see Gina on the other side of the flame.

"What's wrong?" I mouthed.

"Nothing." She shook her head.

"C'mere." I waved her over.

She shook her head once again, turning away to face Ashlyn and Maddox.

Ashlyn's POV
"Did something happen between you two?" I asked Gina.

"Not really. He just kind of rushed away abruptly earlier, and I thought maybe it's best to give him some space."

"Do you want to talk about anything?" Maddox asked.

"Not really." She sighed.

"Aww, come here." I frowned, pulling her into my side, Maddox already curled against my other side. She laid her head on my shoulder.

Ricky's POV
"Dude! What happened?" Big Red asked. He was on one side while Jet was on the other.

"I don't know. Since rehearsal ended, she hadn't spoken to me."

As soon as the fire ended, I rushed over to Gina before she could get to her yurt.

"Gi! Wait!"

"Yes?"

"Did I do something?"

"No." She murmured.

"Why didn't you sit with me then?"

"I wanted to give you space, okay!? I thought I was getting annoying."

"What, why?"

"You ran off after rehearsal without a single word."

"I'm sorry, Gina. I was thinking about something. Something I wanted to do for you, and I just got so excited thinking about it." And we were hugging again.

"It's okay. Thanks for talking to me rather than getting mad at me."

"Of course. That's how it's supposed to be in a relationship, Gina. Communication matter so much to me this time around. I'm so happy we've made it this long, and I know we can get through this next year, no matter how hard this one specifically may be."

"Thanks, Ricky."

"Absolutely."

•••

Gina and I return to her yurt before the others, and we hop up to her top bunk.

The girls could walk in anytime, so we don't start hardcore making out like we might usually, to put it bluntly.

Instead, we're just sitting up against the wall, her head on my chest while I play with her braids a bit.

"Gi?"

"Hmm."

"Do you not like people touching your hair." I thought about all the times I'd touched her natural hair.

"I mean, when I was a kid, people did it and I absolutely hated it. But I don't mind with you. Thanks for caring about it so much."

"Mhm." I took my hands away from her hair, now placing them under her chest. "You're so perfect."

"You flatter me."

"You deserve to be."

"Thank you."

"It's nothing."

"Hey, Gi- oh, of course you brought your boyfriend in here." Ashlyn remarked.

"Shut up, Ash. You get your significant other all night long."

Gina nuzzled her head into my neck, and I heard a soft groan come from her as I kissed her neck. I smirked in response.

"Ugh, fine. You're right, always have been." Ashlyn smiled at Maddox who entered soon after.

"Ricky." Gina whined. "I wanna kiss you." She barley whispered.

We continued the conversation in hushed tones.

"We can't right now, Honey."

"I need to, you don't understand."

"Trust me, Baby, I understand. But I'll give you lots of kisses tomorrow, and when I'm actually leaving for tonight, I'll give you one kissy."

"Okay." She sighed.

"Alright, cool kid, I think it's time you head out." Maddox instructed. I smiled at her, acknowledging I'd heard her.

"Good night, Sweetie." I kissed Gina's cheek and forehead, then her lips, she was close to asleep.

"Gnight." She muttered, almost there.

Then she was out. It would probably make it easier for me to leave, anyway. I kissed her forehead once more before climbing down, waving to everyone else, and retiring to my yurt.

Today ended well.

Thanks for reading! There's 700 words for all you!