Chapter 83: "One hundred percent agreed."

Here's our new cover! Now enjoy another chapter!

Ricky's POVToday is our first rehearsal and also the read through

Ricky's POV
Today is our first rehearsal and also the read through. This is really my first normal musical since HSM. With Beauty and the Beast, there was the Menkies, and then we had movies and documentaries going on through the rest.

"Ricky, they need you in the office really quick." Maddox said as I entered The Barn.

"Okay..?"

When I got to the office, Gina was there too.

"Hey, Gi." I said. "Oops, sorry." I whispered, realizing she was on the phone. Not her phone, obviously.

"Yeah, I understand. No, that's an amazing opportunity, thank you...Yeah, I'll reach out to you in the next fourteen days, I have a commitment right now in a stage musical, I can't take on anything else right now unfortunately...thanks...you too, bye." She gave Dewey back the phone, sighing in relief.

"What was that all about..?"

"We'll talk later, you have a letter."

"Okay...hang on." She was starting to walk out.

"Wait." I grabbed her wrist.

"What, Ricky?" She asked.

"Are you okay? You seem stressed."

"I'm okay." She smiled, hugging me quick. "Let's talk after the read through."

"Yeah,"

•••

"Why do you care what they think?" I read.

We were on the scene where Phillip and Anne are going into the theater, and his parents confront them.

"Because it's not just them." I heard Gina's voice crack, instantly knowing that this hit too close to home.

•••

"You were so good today." I complimented Gina. We were walking hand in hand out of the barn and towards the yurts.

"Thanks. We should talk about earlier. The phone call, your letter. After last summer, I don't want to keep anything from each other."

"One hundred percent agreed. Where do you want to talk?"

"You have any special places here I never heard about?" She asked, smirking, now knowing the story of my conversation with Carlos.

"Oh, come on. I'll show you." I sighed, pretending I didn't want to.

•••

"Here we are."

"So this is the place? This the place where you finally accepted how you felt? About me." She whispered the last sentence.

"Yeah. So what's going on? You're call?"

"Oh. It was...it was about a new project, it's not gonna happen for at least over a year, they just...my agent wanted to let me know, thought it was a good opportunity."

"I thought you wanted to be done for now..."

"I do. It wouldn't be until after next summer. This is a huge movie based off a book, and they expect it to take a very long time to build the sets."

"Well, if it's what you want." I squeezed her leg and she smiled.

"What about you?" She asked, changing the subject. "The letter."

"Oh." I laughed. "A birthday card. From my mom, no big deal."

"Oh, okay." She smiled softly.

"I love you, Gina,"

"And I love you. Are you okay?"

"Better. I'm gonna miss out cuddles, can't do that while we're here."

"Do you want to go to the swings?" She grinned. I knew she loved swings.

"I'd love nothing more."

Short, I know. I'm taking a little longer to write even these short chapters now because I want to make sure everything that needs to be included is included by 100 chapters! Thanks for reading, and requests for things to happen at summer camp can be dropped right here!

Please comment, they mean everything to me, brightening my days when they're often not the greatest. Love you all, and catch you next time!

Only 600 words