Chapter 53: Dancing Through Life

Ricky's POV
"The trouble with schools is, they always try to teach the wrong lesson. Let's face it. I've been kicked out of enough of them to know." I sang.

We were on Dancing Through Life. I was having a great time performing, but I could tell Gina, though she was having fun watching us, wishes she was a bit more relevant in the show. It'll all be worth it when she steps on this stage tomorrow, though.

I see her standing on the side of the stage smiling, ready for her cue. She was still a background dancer in this luckily.

"Dancing through life!" I sang, and she entered in the background, dancing brilliantly. The song title really captured Gina, if you ask me. She's been through so much in life, but she just keeps dancing until she pushes through.

•••intermission•••
"Gina!"

"Hey, Baby, great job!" She smiled, running over to me.

"You looked great when you were out there."

"Thank you, Ricky. I'll admit, being such a small, irrelevant part isn't really the most fun for me, but I love seeing all of you shine."

"Well, you're going to shine tomorrow and I, your super cute super fan, is going to root for you hard."

"I love you. Anyone else would just be annoyed for me and call me ungrateful."

"Well, I don't lie."

"Ricky, your doing amazing out there. Never forget that."

"I gotta change. I love you."

"I love you too."

Then I ran off to change and set what I needed for my scarecrow transformation.

•••Gina's POV•••
"Ricky, you were amazing! I can't wait to do this with you tomorrow!"

"I'm excited too. And thank you."

I didn't say anything else, just smirked at him.

"What?" He asked. "Do I have something on my face? Besides makeup, of course."

"No." I chuckled. "Just kiss me."

And kiss me, he did.

"Guys, we're gonna go to Slices!" Ashlyn announced. "We still have tomorrow, but we want to make tonight special for Kourtney."

"Can I ride with you?" I ask Ricky.

"What do you think I'm gonna say, no?"

"Okay, let's go."

•••

"Kourtney, Ashlyn, Ricky, everyone. You are amazing today!" I said, biting into a piece of pizza.

"You are going to absolutely glow tomorrow and you know it." Ashlyn teases me.

"Stop it...say it again." I joke.

"You're a star." Ashlyn confirms.

"But she's my star!" Ricky says, grabbing my hand in the booth.

"All yours."

•••

"So, Gina, how're things going with Mr. Scarecrow and you?" Ashlyn asked.

We were standing up in the middle of the pizza place. It was her, Maddox, Kourtney, Nini, and I. She grabbed my hands and swung them back and forth a bit.

"We're good. It's really good." I said dreamily.

"No problems?"

"Oh, Ash, of course we have problems. We bicker all the time."

"Does it ever get bigger than that?" Maddox asks, brushing her arm against mine.

"I mean, sometimes, but we always work it out."

"That's what matters." Nini steps in. "Ricky needs someone that communicates with him well. I was not that for him."

"Do you think you would have worked if you had been."

"I don't know, Gina, but I don't think so. Because I don't think people change as much as we might think."

"That's what you believe? People don't change?"

"They can't. They might seem the part, but on the inside, a person with a rotten heart could never really change."

Was she directing this towards me?