Chapter 20: Bonds

Just a short happy chapter with Ricky's family bonding. Also, this takes place the day before the last chapter, so it's kind of a flashback to when Ricky got to his moms house.

•••Ricky's POV•••

"Hey, Mom." I said, stepping into the apartment. It had two bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a living room. It was small.

"Hey, Kiddo, how was school?" My mom, Lynne asked.

"It was okay. Had a bit of a scare with Gina, but it was alright."

"Woah, what happened, Ricky?"

"She fainted from stress and exhaustion. It was scary, but she's walking to Ash's now."

"Okay, as long as she's safe."

"She'll be fine, Mom."

"So, this is the place." She said. "Should I show you your room? I brought you that blanket from last spring break. I've got a few surprises for you in there, actually."

"Let's go see." I said.

We walked down the hall to my new room at her house. It was the one room not full of boxes, but instead almost empty for me.

Inside was a bed with blue bedding and the orange blanket she made me last year. There was also a piano and a guitar stand in there. She hung a few family photos on the wall and it had a dresser and a desk.

"Wait. There's a piano in here?"

"Yeah, I thought you might like that since I don't play as much anymore. Also, I thought you could bring one of your guitars to leave here."

"Thank you, Mama." I said, wrapping my arms around her.

"Now, you get settled in. Dad's gonna come over for dinner, we're having pizza."

"Thanks, Mom." I said.

•••dinner time•••

"Ricky! Buddy, Dad's here."

I walked out of the room to see my dad assisting my mom in setting the table like they used too.

"So, Mike, how are you?"

"I'm good, Lynnie, you?"

"I'm great. Love being back in Salt Lake."

"Oh hey, Ricky." My dad looked up.

"Hi, Dad."

"What do you think of the place, huh?"

"It's cool, Dad. Uhh...do you guys want to tell me what the living situation is going to be?"

"Well, Rick, you know how our place is right around the corner?"

"Yeah?"

"How do you feel about just going where it feels right when it feels right?"

"Sounds good."

•••Two hours later•••

Dinner just finished, and I went back to my room. I smiled and picked up my phone, opening texts up.

R: Hey, Gi. Did you get home safe?

G: You could say that.

R: What does that mean?

G: It means that I am perfectly fine.

G: And so is Ash.

R: Okay..?

G: How's the house?

R: Everything's great actually.

G: Good! I've gtg

G: I'll see you tomorrow.

R: You absolutely will.

R: I love you, Gina Porter

G: I love you, Richard Bowen 💜

Weird...the way she was acting, I mean.

Chapter 21 will be back to after chapter 19. Sorry for any confusion!