Chapter 98: Thinking About You

This chapters short, I know 😭
All my books in numbers 1, 2, and 3!

This chapters short, I know 😭 All my books in numbers 1, 2, and 3!

Time skip to mid-August

Ricky's POV
Gina, Ashlyn, Kourtney, and I are going down to LA for press, as we were kind of leading in the Wicked documentary.

Gina's got press for Romeo and Juliet with Mack a couple days after that.

It'll be just the two of us.

She's completely done working the day before our one year anniversary, and then I'm taking her on a private jet, so she doesn't know where, to a special one year retreat.

I can't wait.

Tomorrow is the day we leave, and Gina and I are just relaxing right now at my place.

My dad is over at my mom's place just hanging out, I'm so happy they're still friends.

So it's just her and me right now.

We're cuddled together on my bed, Gina in between my legs, a personal favorite position of hers. She's very possibly asleep, her two arms wrapped around one of mine, and her curly hair, smushed onto her face as she lays against my stomach.

"I love you." I whisper.

"Mmm."

"So you are awake." I smirk.

"Mmmm." She nods slightly against my body.

"Tired, huh?" I laugh.

"Mmmmmm." Her annoyance is evident in her face, and I stop talking.

"Goodnight, Gina."

•••

The next day, I wake up finding her still in my arms.

"Gina. We need to get up."

"Why?" She groans.

"We have to get to the airport."

"Nooo..." she whines.

"Can you wear these clothes?" I ask, looking down at her outfit, my hoodie and sweatpants.

"Mhm."

"Okay, I'm gonna go get the bags in the car. Sleep a little longer, and then I'll carry you out there."

"Mhm." She nods enthusiastically, smiling.

I walk out of my room, closing the door, and leaning against it. I note my flushed face.

"What is this girl doing to me?"

•••

I bring out the luggage, then carrying out Gina. She sleeps the whole way there, and as soon as we board the plane with our friends, she's asleep again.

She sleeps the whole way there.

This girl grew up in airports and in airplanes.

She knows how to sleep on them, which is good, since she is planning on pursuing this career for a while after college if not permanently.

Tomorrow is press, but we have the rest of the day to rest, so we head to the hotel.

Gina goes into Ash and Kourt's room to hangout alone, and I lay on the bed.

I feel my heart racing just thinking about her and the possibilities of her future, and the progress we've made as a couple.

I'm getting way to flustered, and she's not even here, so I realize I need to take a walk.

I head out of the room, locking the door and begin going my way towards the elevator.

"Ricky?" I see Gina closing the girls' door.

"I'm just going to take a quick walk, you can stay with them Gi, don't worry."

I can't even look at her.

"Ricky, stop. I was just helping them choose outfits for press, I was coming back to the room now. What's wrong?" She asks, noticing my stature.

"Nothing." I mumble.

"Ricky-" She approached me, reaching for my hand.

"No, stop." I said.

"Okay." She took a deep breath, backing away. She was clearly confused on why I was being so cold and not explaining why.
But she stayed patient, at least one the outside. "What's going on, Ricky?"

"You'll just make fun of me." I turned away from her, beginning to walk away.

"I'll never make fun of you when something is getting to you this bad." She grabbed my wrist. "You clearly wanted some air. What made you need that?"

"I was...thinking about you."

"Yeah?" She asked, no judgement in he face. She smiled softly. "Listen, Ricky, it's normal to get like that sometimes. I do too." She shrugged her left shoulder.

"Really?"

"Yes. Now come on. Let's go, and we'll just talk for a bit."

"Okay." I sighed, letting the tenseness drift away. "Let's go."