Chapter 9: Juggling

Gina's POV
We're going back to school today, and of course I have R&J before and after school. We also have a meeting about the spring musical during lunch, rather than bring in the cafeteria.

By the time we were done with one scene, I had to leave to go to school. I walked across the street from Juliet's house, to East High. I quickly stepped in my trailer, changed my clothes, and picked up my school bag. Then, with my Juliet hair still styled, walked into the school.

I reached my locker, and started grabbing books and folders for any classes I had before lunch.

"Hey, Gi!" It was Nini.

"Hey, Neen. It's nice to see you back at East."

"Yeah, if feels right. You know? Anyway, how was filming?"

"It was good, tiring but good."

"Is your hair styled for Juliet?"

"Yeah." We began walking to class. "They want to be able to just fix it quickly and not fully redo it after school."

"Isn't there the meeting during lunch too? This seems like a lot, Gina. Like, really draining."

"It is, but it'll be worth it."

•••lunch time•••

"Hey, Gi! How was work?"

"It was good, got a scene done." I grabbed his hand in mine and laid my head down on his shoulder.

"Let's head to the rehearsal room. Do you have lunch?"

"Yeah. I brought something."

"Is it enough to last you until after work tonight?"

"I'll be fine, Ricky."

We reached the bomb shelter, and sat beside each other on the benches. I tried my best to be in a sitting up position, feeling like I was about to pass out.

"Hello, my thespians. Thank you for coming during your lunch today for some of you. I just wanted to talk about our next musical, Wicked, and who will be joining us."

"Gina." Ricky nudged me. "Eat. You need to eat."

I sighed opening my bag to pull out the salad I brought with me.  

"We have a very special guest joining us for some of our rehearsals and who's I'll be helping with the casting. Drum role please."

Everyone patted their legs.

"Please welcome a dear friend of mine...another victim of Kenny Ortega's...the original Glinda on Broadway...Kristin Chenoweth!"

Everyone cheered as Kristin entered and the two women hugged.

"Hi, everyone, I'm Kristin Chenoweth. I played Glinda beside Idina Menzel when Wicked was just beginning. Now, I'm excited to join all of you in your own high school production or it!"

Everyone applauded, high-fived, and even hugged.

"Now, it couldn't be the first production at a high school without cameras capturing it, so this will be a documentary on Disney+ called Wicked: The High School Musical: The Series. All of you will be featured or starring in it!"

Most people cheered, but I frowned, looking at Ricky.

"Uhh...Kristin, I didn't know about this." Miss Jenn said.

"It was on the contract you signed, Jennifer."

"Oh. Alrighty, then kids, talk to your parents and get these contracts signed! Auditions are Friday!"

•••In the trailer•••

I sat in my trailer after school on my couch, when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and there was Emmy.

"Hey, Em. What's up?" I asked. How did she even get on set?

"I have important news for you from Miss Jenn. I will continue to be her assistant this semester, for Carlos is liking the life with no responsibility. But it turns out that he has decided to give up his responsibility as choreographer as well."

"What are you saying..?"

"Carlos has requested you choreograph Wicked!"

"Really?" I feel my eyes popping out of my head. "He really doesn't want to?"

"Nope. He's always willing to assist you. So will you do it? Will you be the head choreographer?"

What will Gina decide? Will she be able to handle her friendships, relationship, schoolwork, Romeo and Juliet, a role in the school musical, and bring a choreographer?