Chapter 6: Amends

Ricky's POV

"Hey, G. Excited for the musical?" I asked a while later, kissing her cheek.

"Yeah. I just...I usually am able to self cast these things, and I mean, you as Fiyero, Kourtney as Elphaba, Ash as Glinda. It just makes sense. But me? I don't really know. Like would it disappoint you if we didn't finish your senior year with us in a showmance?"

"Okay, G, you can't know, first of all, that you couldn't score one of those, but also, you are going to be busy with Juliet. And lastly, Gina, you could never disappoint me. That would be, like, the hardest thing for me to feel. Disappointment in Gina Porter."

"Thanks, Ricky. You always know what the right thing is to say." Gina grabbed my hand and I massaged hers with my thumb.

Nini and EJ were on opposite sides of the room, but both of them began approaching us. Then they started talking in sync.

"Hey, Ricky can we talk?" Nini asked as EJ asked Gina the same.

"Sure." We both said.

I brought Gina's hand to my lips kissed it.

"I'll drive you home?" I asked.

"You can bet on it."

•••by the stairs•••

"Sorry, Ricky, to interrupt you and Gina. I just thought it would-" I stopped her.

"Neen, don't worry about it. We're gonna see each other no matter what happens. So it's best if we get the awkwardness out of the way."

"Right. Good to see that we're still on the same page. So I already talked to Gina. I pretty much said, that I'm not, like, interested romantically in you anymore. I mean, it'd be great if we could be friends, or at least friendly, but I...you guys are good together."

"Thank you, Nini. And, it'll take time, but I think that you and I could get to a place like we used to be in. We were close, and I miss it."

"I've really missed you, Ricky Bowen."

"And I've missed you Nini Salazar-Roberts."

It took a second, but we did it. I held her in my arms, and it felt like old times. Nini's hugs we're good, but they were different from Gina's. Nini hugged firmly and with love. Gina hugged a lot more gently and as if letting go would cause her to lose me forever.

"Rick?" I said.

"Yeah?"

"I just want you to know that...you can always talk to me, Ricky."

•••Gina's POV•••

"Where do you want to talk?" I asked EJ.

"Could we talk on the porch?"

We walked past the staircase to go outside and I saw Nini and Ricky laughing. I smiled, knowing how much they missed their friendship.

"Okay." I took a breath. "What's up?"

"Gina, I just wanted to say that after hearing you back on opening night, I couldn't agree more. I'm really, really grateful for the time that we had together as well. G, that day in Ash's house, when it was just you and me, and I gave you that Duke sweatshirt...well you gave me hope that I could actually be a good person, a better one, that is."

"Of course. Is that it, EJ?"

"Actually, there's one more thing. We never got that risotto, and I was wondering...if we could maybe catch up- as friends- and get some sometime?"

"I'd love that."

•••like ten seconds later•••
Nini's POV

"Hey, guys." Ricky's holding the door to the porch open for me.

"Hi." Gina says, smiling at Ricky lovingly.

Ricky approaches her and kisses her head. She steps into his arms, I assume since she's cold and it's dark and snowy out here. She stands Inc don't of him, and he wraps his arm around her waist, landing on her stomach.

"I've actually got to get going inside. I need to talk with Ashlyn about bed assignments since I'm not leaving 'til tomorrow." EJ says, heading in.

"Gina, want to make plans to hang out again sometime?"

"Yeah, for sure."

"Wait, Nini?"

"Yeah, Ricky?"

"Do you want to come over to my apartment the day after Christmas. Gina, Maddox, Jet, Ash, Big Red, and Kourt will all be there. Seb and Carlos will be traveling."

"Sure, Ricky, that sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for immediately including me in all of these group things, it means a lot." She shakes her head.