Chapter 34: Beep

Gina's POV
Beep beep beep beep

"Huh?" I groan, attempting to sit up. I draw a wince in pain, and squeak the smallest bit, laying back in the bed.

Wait. The bed? Where am I? Wasn't I at school?

"Gina!" It was Ashlyn. "God, Gina, are you okay?"

"I think so?" I said in a strained voice. "What happened?"

"You had a panic attack at school, you blacked out. The doctor said that you were definitely dehydrated and probably haven't been eating enough food lately."

"I mean, I've just been busy and haven't had time for big meals."

"It's okay, Gi. We'll work this out."

"I'm sorry, I've completely put both HSM 3 and Wicked in jeopardy now."

"You matter more. Your health, and your body." Miss Jenn stood at th entrance of the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, of course." I said.

"And can Ricky?" She asked, after giving me a very gentle hug.

"Ricky's here?" I eventually got out.

"Oh, Sweetie, you should've seen him. Kourtney was worried, Carlos, Seb, Big Red, Nini. And of course, Ashlyn was worried. But no one more than Ricky." I saw tears pooling in her eyes.

"I have seen that boy cry before. When it came to his parents, when it came to his past...relationships, I've seen him cry about my relationship with him and his dad, and of course on the night of HSM 3. But yesterday, your blackout happened yesterday by the way, I'd never seen him like that before. I hope it shows how much everyone cares about you. Can I send him in?"

"Yes. Yes, please." I begged.

"We'll give you two so privacy." Miss Jenn glanced knowingly at Ash.

"Thank you." I couldn't help but blush.

"Feel better, my baby. Please, please take care of yourself and your body. Put you first, and everything after that. You matter, Gina. You really, really do."

•••Ricky's POV•••
"She's awake. You can go see her." Miss Jenn walked over to me and rubbed my arm in the waiting room chair.

I didn't waste another second. I got up and sprinted to the room.

"Gina!" I smiled broadly, rushing to her bed, but immediately tuning gentle when I saw her tired eyes and hand loosely laying over her stomach under the scratchy hospital blanket.

"Hi, Ricky." She said tiredly and with a crackled voice. "How you doing?" She reached up and grabbed my hand loosely with hers.

"How am I doing? How are you?" I asked, moving a chair right over to her. I placed her hand at my lips and kissed it. "Are you feeling okay?" I leaned down and gave her an actual kiss.

"I'm alright. Super tired, but I'm feeling more stable, weirdly, and like I actually have enough food in me."

"That's from the medicine they gave you. I'm sorry I wasn't here when you woke up, I couldn't bare to look any longer, you looked so sad, and so sick, and in so much pain. I just wanted to take it all off of you, but I couldn't."

"That's okay, Ricky. I'm just happy you're here now. Do you know how long I have to stay?"

"I think they said that they can release you tomorrow morning, if you feel ready, and if you promise that you are going to treat your body right this time."

"I promise."