Chapter 21: As Long as You're Okay

A short chapter, but some good bonding moments with four of my favorite female characters for all of you. Enjoy reading and thank you!

•••Ashlyn's POV•••

I felt really bad about what happened with Gina last night! After she fainted at school, I let her roll her ankle, and not to mention hit her head on the sidewalk, on my watch!

Maddox and I were sitting in my living room, and she was convincing me that it was okay.

"Ash, it wasn't your fault. It wasn't anyone's, sometimes things like that just have to happen." She said, playing with my red hair.

"I don't know, Mad, I could've caught her."

"It's not your fault, Ash. I promise, and Gina isn't mad at you."

"Okay."

•••Gina's POV•••

It was 10 PM, and I still have a lot of homework to do.

"Gina! Someone's here to see you, can I send them up?"

"God, Ricky Bowen." I muttered, smiling. "Yeah!" I called.

"Hey." The person said, as they reached the top of the stairs.

"Oh. Nini. Hey."

"Hey, Gina. I should've called." She said, taking a few steps back.

"No, no it's okay. Come on in. Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm okay. I just wanted to talk to you about something."

"Sure. You can sit." I said, waving to the end of my bed.

"Thanks." She said, sitting down. "First of all, I brought you this." She handed me a root-beer.

"Aww. So what do you wanna talk about."

"I just wanted to check in. See how you're doing, you know?"

"Not really." I laughed.

"Well, I've seen you at school. You've seemed...different, if that's the right word. You've seemed really tired, and just off, and I just wanted to make sure you're feeling alright."

I laughed under my breath.

"What?" She asked confusedly.

"It's just...it feels weird that you're the first one to kind of...confront me about this."

"You're my friend, Gina." She places a hand over mine. "And I know things are kind of weird between us, but I care about you. A lot. You're like my sister, and I just want to protect you from all the bad things in the world."

"Thank you, Nini."

"It's nothing. So tell me, what's going on?"

"I've just been...overworking, I guess, and uncertain if this what I'm always going to want. And I'm probably not keeping myself healthy at all, physically or mentally, because we don't have a lot of breaks to, like hydrate or eat, and when I come home, I do my homework and then just hit the sack."

"That's perfectly understandable, Gina, I get it, but if this whole thing means you aren't taking care of yourself, then I'm getting you out of there. I'm gonna help you, Gina. At home, at school. You can always talk to me...about anything. You can talk to me about your relationship with Ricky in excruciating detail, for all I care...as long as you're okay."