Chapter 90: Bowen, You're Up!

11 more chapters starting...NOW!

Ricky's POV
The next day was our final regular rehearsal before dress and tech day.

Am I nervous? Not necessarily.

I love it here at camp, but this is really it. This is my last show with Gina and everyone else.

Two years ago I was a skate rat confused in my relationship with Nini, and now here I am, a theater kid who's been in six productions, a movie, and two documentary's.

It's a lot, guys.

•••

"How are you feeling?" Gina asks me, stroking my cheek.

"It's my last show, you know? It's a kid of emotions."

"I know, Ricky. It's okay to be sad, but be happy too, and proud of yourself and who you've become. You're still that sk8ter boy I fell for two years ago, just more."

"Thanks, Gina."

"Of course. Listen, you're always there for me. I know that you don't have it easy either. Let me be here for you too."

"Okay." I whisper, hugging her.

•••

"Big Red, Ricky, and Gina on stage for the finale number." Val announced.

I grinned. I get to kiss Gina here. One of my favorite things in the world. But cuddles and handholding come first, to be honest. Just anytime with Gi, that's the greatest thing.

We all head up in stage, and I look at Gina, winking. She blushed, knowing what I was thinking about.

"I love you"

•••

"That's all for today, folks! Ricky, Big Red, stay after for a quick run of The Other Side." EJ decides.

"I'll see you later." Gina kisses my cheek, gathering her belongings, and getting on her way.

•••

That night, I was in my yurt, when EJ opened the door to a knock.

"Gina. Hey, what's up?"

I smiled, selfishly assuming she wanted to see me, but then I heard her and EJ talking in hushed tones, and then heading out of the yurt together.

"Huh." I frowned.

•••

"Thanks, Gi. I needed that. I think we both did." EJ glanced in my direction. "Do you maybe want to see Ricky real quick?" He was quiet for a moment, listening to her. "Rick. Gina wants to say goodnight."

•••

"Hey, Gina."

"Hi. How was the end of rehearsal?" She took my hand and we began walking around outside a bit.

"Good." We stopped walking, just pulling each other close, both needing it. We swayed slightly, changing between feet. "You look so pretty."

"Mmm, thanks."

I didn't need to ask her about EJ, I decided. That was her life, not mine, and EJ's got some sort of thing with Val. I trust her, and I can let her live her life.

•••

Before I knew it, it was tech day. Gina and I ended things well last night, sharing several small kisses on the way back to the yurts. 

"Scene 1! We're starting at the top!"

"Big Red, get up here!" Maddox yelled.
"Ricky, just enjoy this number. Same for Ash, you guys aren't on yet!"

This was the big Greatest Show number at the beginning before Phillip is a part of the show. So now I can just sit back, and enjoy the view.

The view of Gina.

•••

"This is the greatest show!" I picked Gina's voice out of the many people singing, closing my eyes and smiling.

I'm so in love with her. God, this girl is going to be the end of me.

"Richard Bowen! Wake up! You're on!" Carlos punches my arm, taking me out of my daze.

You're up.

Guys! My mom is super supportive of me, things at home aren't always easy, but she's greats and I'm so lucky. My mom is going to be getting me a physical copy of Puppy Love for Christmas, possibly earlier. She's really proud of me always, and says it would be amazing for me to see how much I've written and hold it in my hands! I'm so excited. Thanks for reading!