Chapter 16: I'll be Fine

Can't believe we've made it to chapter 16 already! Let me know what you guys want to dive into more. I'm thinking about looking further into Ricky's relationship with his parents, other characters sexuality, a bit about Gina's family history, and also her relationships with characters from past seasons. Enjoy!

•••Ricky's POV, the next Monday•••
"Good morning, Emmy..." I closed my locker door and saw her.

"Hi, Ricky. I just wanted to give you Gina's rehearsal schedule."

"How'd you get this?" I asked, accepting the sheet of paper.

"Ricky, how many times must I tell you that I can't reveal my sources?"

"Okay?" I looked back at her and she was gone. God, she's creepy.

•••Gina's POV•••

I was pacing in the dressing room during my lunch trying to memorize my lines from Romeo and Juliet and Wicked.

"Uhh...Romeo is my...one true love?" I looked down at the script.

I flopped down on the random couch in the dressing room.

"Ugh!" Then I opened my choreographers notebook to try and work on that.

•••Ricky's POV•••
I'm at lunch, and Gina is nowhere to be found.

"No, Gina?" Nini asked from across the table.

"I have no idea." I said, looking down at my plate. "Ashlyn, do you know?"

"I think she said she needed some extra time to run lines and work on choreography." She answered.

"Okay." I whispered.

•••Gina's POV•••

This was too much. The choreography, the music, the scripts, and how I still wasn't feeling well.

I was heating up, feeling dizzy, lightheaded, and exhausted.

I couldn't breathe.

I gripped the arm of a chair, but then it all went black.

•••Miss Jenn's POV•••

School had just ended, and no one has seen Gina around the school since before lunch. Today is our read through, and we need her there, but also we need to know that she's okay.

Everyone was looking around the school for the missing actress, and we had already confirmed she wasn't home.

I eventually walked into the dressing room to get some of the costume samples out to show the cast, when I saw Gina collapsed on the floor. How long had she been there?

"Gina?" I lightly shook her shoulder. "Wake up, Honey."

Carlos walked in behind me, and he used his signature slap. She didn't wake up. Ashlyn and Maddox came in next.

"Oh my god, Gina!" Ashlyn turned and away into Maddox's arms.

It was scary seeing Gina Porter like this. She was super pale, while also flushed in the cheeks. She had an uncomfortable look on her face and was completely and utterly exhausted.

Ricky ran in next.

"Gina!" He knelt down to the floor and lifted her head into his lap. "Sweetie, wake up."

"Ashlyn, go find the nurse, everyone else but Ricky and I, please go to the rehearsal room and prepare you scripts."

•••Ricky's POV•••

I held Gina in my lap, while holding her soft hand in mine.

"You're okay, Gigi, you're okay." I whispered.

Ashlyn returned with the nurse, and walked towards the bomb shelter with everyone else.

"She should be fine. Looks like stress and overworking to me. She definitely hasn't been sleeping enough, drinking enough, resting enough." The nurse said. "Just lay her on the couch, and she should be back any time."

•••10 minutes later•••

At this point, Miss Jenn had left us for privacy. I noticed Gina stirring, and I smiled with hope.

"Where am I? What happened?" She began to bolt up, but then held her head in pain.

"You're okay, Gina. You fainted some time after lunch. We have rehearsal now. Want me to take you home?"

"Just give me a minute, I'll be fine." She said, though I knew she was trying to convince herself.

"I'll- I'll be fine."