Chapter 66: Is it True?

Ricky's POV
Gina just texted me that Emmy left, but the other girls wanted to hangout with some of the boys. Jet, Seb, Carlos, Jack, Big Red, and Andy.

I skateboarded over to Gina's and reluctantly knocked on the door. Nini opened it.

"Hey, Buddy." She smirked.

"What's up?"

"Nothing much. Come on in, though she won't admit it, a certain Porter has been missing you."

"Is that so? Hey, Cutie."

"Hi, Ricky." Gina stood up from the couch and waked over to me for a hug.

"How are you?"

"Good. I'm glad you came."

"So am I."

"Carlos and Seb are already here. We're waiting for the other four boys."

"It must feel good hosting after all this time of you moving around." Gina and I sat down together on a small love seat.

"Yeah, it's really nice." She smiled, hooking a leg over mine.

"This is pretty nice too." I wrapped my legs around her waist, pulling her a tad bit closer.

"It is. Didn't think I'd have a boyfriend my junior year."

"You're gonna have a boyfriend for many years to come."

"Not always?" She said, a little sad.

"Well, I'm hoping your boyfriend is replaced for the title of hubby someday."

"I do too, but never say 'hubby' again."

"Noted."

•••

After everybody else left, Gina and I both agreed that all we wanted right now were each other's cuddles.

"I love you." I kissed the top of her head that was currently inside my neck. She wasn't doing anything to it, just letting it lay there, which I loved.

"I love you too." Gina's muffled, tired voice spoke.

"Well, that's good."

"Hmm, you relieved?" Gina says. She has this certain tone she used sometimes. I can't explain it, but it's one of my favorite things to hear. I first fell in love with it when she called me chicken on the Women in the Woods camp night.

"Yes, actually, I am. I have my favorite person in the world at my side." She doesn't say anything in response. She just laughs awkwardly. "What?" I ask nervously.

"Is that true?" She mutters. "I'm your favorite person?"

"Yes." I say with no hesitation. "I love my parents, but with you, I know things'll always work out because we understand how a teen's schedule works, we sacrifice things for each other, and most importantly we communicate. Our relationship is something I don't ever need to worry about, and I've never really had that before."

"I can relate." She whispered.

"I know you can. Now come on. Let's get some snacks and watch a movie!"