Chapter 81: Choking On Pool Water

Please read! I don't want to offended anybody with my casting choices, and I want you all to know that I'm not going to be writing any specifics about how they make the characters in the musical appearances due to different physical conditions or attributes! I'm not going to write that they make whoever plays Charles fake the variation of dwarfism he has, and I'm not going to make them put pillows in someone's clothes to make them look larger. I hope no one is offended by anything, and let me know if you are!

Ricky's POV (the Yurt Locker)
"I'm taking my bed from last year, I hope you all know. Oh, and EJ, how are you?" I have him a quick hug.

We've seen each other briefly many times this year, but have only really hung out like we used to a few times. It'll be nice to have this summer.

"I'm good. How're you college boy?"

"Shut up, and I'm great."

"You're blushing. You're thinking about Gina." Carlos sings.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about her right now..?" I look at EJ.

"No, no. It's fine, Ricky. I'm happy. I've been talking to Val this year on and off, but I'm enjoying the single life."

"Well, I'm happy for you, Elton."

•••later that night•••

"Well hello there, Angel." I walk up behind Gina as we're all heading to the amphitheater.

"Hey, Cutie. Can I sit next next to you by any chance?" She asks.

"Absolutely. You're my favorite person in the entire world, so of course you can."

So Dewey gives his usual speech, and then Maddox takes the stage to sing the Shallow Lake song.

When we're done, I'm prepared to walk back to the yurts with Gina.

She was grinning with her usual chipmunk smile, which I adore, and she was squealing like a young child.

"What's got you so excited?" I chuckled.

"I'm so psyched for the Greatest Showman auditions tomorrow."

"Well you're gonna be amazing!"

"Thank you. And the same goes for you, Mister. Oop, here we are."

"Sleep well my beautiful, talented, intelligent, wonderful, lovable, gorgeous, pretty, amazing, kind, loveliest Angel ever."

"Goodnight my most handsome, talented, sweetest, most adorable, loving, lovable, baby boy ever. I love you." I kissed him, and he reached to grab my waist, but in the dark he missed.

He grabbed a little too low.

"Gina, I'm sorry, I-"

"I couldn't care in the least. Goodnight, Ricky."

"I love you. Get a good sleep, Angel."

"You too."

Gina's POV
Audition day! I remember a year ago today, sitting on the bench at The Barn with EJ, drinking coffee, and assuring him he'd be a great director. He's directing again this year, but I'm just hoping he can get a better sleep. Though we're not together, I really care about him.