Chapter 46: Never Forget I Love You

This is a much longer one, it's about 1,860 words to make up for my short ones. A bit of conflict, but all I'll say is their relationships are strong enough.

Gina's POV
I'm sitting with Ashlyn in her guest room eating the oranges she brought me. Everyone just left, besides Ricky and Maddox who are gonna watch a movie with us.

Those two are downstairs while I take a minute to breathe. Though I loved having such supportive friends, it got very overwhelming when telling the story of my father.

"You want to head down, Gi?"

"...sure." I said decisively.

We walked downstairs, and I found an open spot on the couch bedside Ricky to sit down. I fell right into his arms, and he covered us in the large fuzzy blanket I brought down with me. I laid my head on his chest, and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You hanging in there?" He asked me.

"Yeah. How are you doing?"

"Things are okay. There's always home drama, but things are good."

"Just let me know if you need to talk."

"Thank you, Gina. You're the best."

"That's all you, Bowen."

•••

The next day we have the photo shoot for our program. I'm getting painted green for the first time today. I'm a bit anxious, but mostly excited. Ricky gets to wear some scarecrow makeup, so that's going to be funny to see.

"Hey, Sweetie." Ricky rushed up to me in just his costume, no makeup yet.

"Hey, Cutie." I brushed my thumb over his cheek.

"And how are you?" He asked, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Good. You?"

"Excellent."

"Okay!" Carlos came in. "Kourtney and Ashlyn first, then Gina's turn. Ricky and Big Red on either side. Everyone else, find a spot."

We took several pictures, and they turned out a lot better than HSM 1.

•••Day before Spring Break•••

"I know everyone is excited for the punishment near the end of the musical AKA Spring break, but I'm me and have notes." Miss Jenn tells us as we pack up.

I sit down beside Ricky with my backpack strap over one shoulder. I just want to go out of school and over to Ashlyn's house with all of our friends who are going to hang out there.

I feel Ricky's warm hand being placed over mine, and I feel a small smile naturally appearing on my face.

When Miss Jenn was finally done with notes, we headed out and got into Ashlyn's car to go over to her house. Some people went in other cars too.

We reached Ashlyn's house, and she told us that Big Red was bringing pizza and root beer. It was tradition.

I never had traditions before. I never was in the same place more than once for the winter, so making a snowman wasn't something I could count on. I didn't always have snow. We often didn't have a Christmas tree or stockings. The only tradition I had was the teddy bear tradition, and even that is over now. But now I want to make new ones with my new family.

And with Ricky.

"I'm gonna go talk to Jet and Maddox for a bit, okay?" Ricky told me.

"Okay." I nodded. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, and ran off to our friends.