Chapter 28: Your Presence is a Present

Gina's POV
Ricky and I collapsed on the bed in our shared hotel room.

"We're here." I sighed in relief.

"Yippee." He said, unenthusiastically.

"Ricky, do you not want to be here. You didn't have to come with me." I chopped his cheek.

"No, no. I'm just tired. I'm happy to see you achieve this."

"Thanks, Ricky." I sat up as he did.

"Now let's get some rest. You've got a big few days."

•••

The next day, I filmed one of the three scenes. The project I'm in is a new fairytale mashup series with Jack, Jill, Little Red, and Goldilocks in it. I'm playing Little Red, who is in six scenes and a pretty minor character. It's still I great opportunity to be involved, though, and there are some really famous people working on this.

I walked onto set with Ricky. This was a lot more flexible, and therefore, Ricky can hang around.

"Ugh, I'm nervous." I admitted, holding my boyfriend's hand. 

"That's okay. It's normal. Here we are." He pointed to a door.

"Okay." I took a deep breath. "Let's do this." We turned the knob and walked in.

"Gina Porter?" A girl with a clipboard asked. She had long dark and wavy hair with green eyes and the palest skin you'll ever see.

"That's me." I said, gripping Ricky's hand tighter.

"Come on in. You can come too." She winked at Ricky, and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry about her." Ricky nudged me.

We stepped further inside, and I saw a huge set. One area had a full blown forest, one a cottage, and one an open tree trunk.

"Wow." Ricky said.

"Yeah." I stumbled back a bit, and he caught me.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?"

"I'm fine. It's just a lot take in." Is told up, and placed a hand on his chest. "Why is it that I, the dancer, am so clumsy?" I laughed.

"Who knows. I really don't." He chuckled.

"We need Gina Porter for rehearsals of Scene 8." The speaker said.

"See you in a bit?"

"Bet on it."

•••

The next day was Valentine's Day. I woke up with my arms wrapped around Ricky's middle. He was already awake, lightly caressing my cheek.

"Good morning." I blushed, hearing my raspy morning voice.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He leaned down and kissed me.

"Mmm." I said, deepening it. He placed his hands on my hips.

"You don't have work today?" He asked.

"Nope. I'm all yours." I said.

"Happy first Valentine's Day, Gina. It's your first in a relationship."

"Yeah. And I wouldn't trade us for anything."

"Well, I have a lot planned for today. Chocolate, cuddles, flowers, cuddles, gifts, and did I mention...cuddles?" He repeated.

"I like those ideas."

"Hmm, me too." He scooped me into his lap and kissed me again.

"I know you have all those ideas, but I have a little something for you. I know it's not much, but my mom isn't letting me spend much money, so..."

"Gi, your presence is a present in itself."

"I feel the same about you. God, Ricky Bowen, I love you."