Chapter 64: Truth or Dare

Nini's POV
I heard what Gina told Ricky about Quinn and watching what she's eating, and I felt bad for her.

Quinn doesn't need to make this perfect seventeen year old girl feel anymore insecure about herself than she might already be.

I can tell Gina's tired, and she probably really does need to be drinking and eating more.

So even though she didn't eat more than the salad she got, I made sure she stayed plenty hydrated.

"Okay, unless anyone protests, the girls are ready to head over to Gina's house." Ashlyn announced.

"Let's get going." Gina said.

"Hold up." Ricky rushed over to Gina. "I love you." He kissed her for almost five seconds when we told them to break it up.

It was strange seeing Ricky and Gina together. It still is, even after all this time. I don't have feelings for Ricky anymore, nor feelings for Gina. But he was the one I once though I would get married to and have children with. He was the one kissing me and holding me and saying that he loved ME. But I'm happy for them.

We all headed to Gina's house and then went straight to the attic.

"What's first?" Kourtney asked.

"Ugh, are we dealing with this all night?" I joked, looking between Ashlyn and Maddox who were already snuggled up together where we all sat on the floor.

"Sorry, the whole girl sleepover, no couples thing has official ended. Same gender couples exist now." Maddox shrugged, laying her head on Ash's shoulder.

"I'm kidding. You two are cute."

"Yeah, Maddox and Ashlyn would have to be the second cutest couple I've seen."

"Yeah, sorry Mad, but you know we can't compete with Rina."

"What are you talking about?" Gina asked, suddenly flustered and looking down at her lap.

"Admit it. You're the most adorable couple anyone has ever seen." Emmy piped in.

"Stop it, guys, you're making me blush. Besides, tonight is girl's night. Nothing about boys right now. Thought, Kourt, I do have a couple questions for you in that general department."

"Seriously, what is going on with my brother?" Maddox asked.

"We're close. It's casual. But he's just going to be a junior, and I'm going into college."

"It's the famous Portwell age gap." Ashlyn said casually.

Gina scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"We just want to take things slow right now. When he's out of high school, we'll find out what happens."

"If you say so, Kourt." Gina leans back against her bed, looking at her nails.

"Oh, come on."

"Guys, let's play truth or dare!" Maddox suddenly squealed.

"Middle schoolers play that." I laughed.

"It'll be funny. Don't you remember doing that at sleepovers in middle school?" She laughed, looking at us.

"Not really." I heard Gina mumble as her smile flattered for just a minute. The other girls huddled up, but I headed over to where Gina still sat against her bed.

I knew it wasn't about truth or dare or about sleepovers that she never had. It was about relationships that she never  had. The things she could never do.

"You okay?" I asked her, pulling her into a side hug, sitting down.

"Honestly, who know's anymore." She said, laying her head on my shoulder.

"We don't have to play, you know that?"

"Yeah, but we can." Her voice for louder. "Guys, come over here, we'll play."

•••

"Nini. Truth or dare?" Maddox asked, starting.

"Truth."

"Do you have any unresolved feelings for either of your exes?" Everyone looked at me curiously.

"Yes."