Chapter 35: hope ur ok

Ashlyn's POV
The next day was Thursday. Gina just got released from the hospital this morning, and I'd be surprised if she showed up. She wasn't at school today. I hope she's well enough for her party on Saturday.

I was sure that both her and Ricky weren't coming, but then I heard slightly squeaky wheels rolling in, and saw Ricky pushing Gina into the rehearsal room in a wheelchair.

"Gina!" Most people hadn't seen her in the hospital.

"Hey, Guys." Her voice was still kind of weak, and she still seemed exhausted, but she had a smile on her face, and seemed happy enough to be here.

"How are you feeling, Gina?" Miss Jenn asked.

"I'm okay. Exhausted, but okay, and I know I'm on my way to a healthier body, so- anyway, just thought I would come to take notes and I can at least read for Elphaba."

"Okay." Miss Jenn nodded thoughtfully.

"Just don't overdo it." Ricky said. "Don't push yourself too hard, okay Gigi?"

"I know, Ricky. I've learned by now."

•••

"Okay. Let's work on the Elphaba, Nessa scene when they see each other for the first time since Elphaba has defied gravity. Emmy, from your cue."

"Ah toom...tah-take?" Emmy sang.

"Nessa, stop! It's dangerous!" Gina shouted, well shouted is a strong word.

"Ah toom core tum!"

"Nessa!" Gina immediately placed her hand over her neck near her throat. No one noticed, but I did. Big Red continued with his lines.

"My heart! It feels like it's shrinking." Big Red said.

I shook my head, not caring what people thought about me standing up in the middle of a scene.

I stepped off the bleachers and approached Gina. I placed a hand on her shoulder as the scene continued.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm fine." Her voice said otherwise.

"Gina, why don't you just sit out for today and take notes?"

"Okay." She croaked out.

I really, really hope she's alright.