Chapter 56: I Like You Even More

Gina's POV
"Hey, Gina. Can we talk? Just you and me?" Nini approaches me. We're at Ash's house. I let go of Ricky's hand and we walk to the kitchen where, of course, she hands me a root beer.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about yesterday. I was in a horrible mood, and a bit too hormonal, and I took it out on you. I still think that people can't ever fully change, but you are a good person. You started as a good one, did some bad things, and then came back to your good self. Not the other way around. Don't get it twisted, my friend. If I can still call you that."

"You're my sister, Nini. Sisters fight, and they say stupid crap they don't mean."

"Thanks, Gina. You look beautiful today, by the way."

"Look in a mirror."

She blushed.

"Yeah, well, I'm still figuring out my own romance department issues."

"Take until your sixty, for all I care. As long as your happy."

"Gina! Hey, Neen. Gi, let's talk." Ricky took my hand and guided me to the staircase. We proceeded to sit down side by side on it. "So, I was just thinking about earlier and I just want to make sure you're feeling better."

"I'm good, Ricky. Thank you."

"Of course. You're perfect."

•••

"So, everyone, congrats to all our seniors. We've still got one last show together over the summer." Ashlyn reminds us all. "And, Kourtney, Gina, Ricky. You were all amazing!"

"As we're you, Ash!" Ricky called out to remind her.

"Well, gee, thanks." Ashlyn chuckled.

"So what's the summer show?" Emmy called.

"We don't know until the first day at the amphitheater." A familiar voice said.

"EJ!?"

"You guys were amazing. Ashlyn-incredible, Kourtney, Seb, Big Red,  Emmy, Carlos, Ricky, Gina. You were all so good."

Later, we were all sitting on the couch, just talking and enjoying each others company.

"Okay, I swear I'm hosting next year. And college freshman are coming with us." I said. "Having that Halloween party in my attic was more than fun."

"Yeah, let's do it." Ashlyn shrugged.

"Gina." EJ approached me. I was settled in Ricky's arms, just letting him hold me how he wanted.

"Hey, Eej." I smiled, glad we still had a healthy friendship.

"You were incredible. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks." I stood up. "It means a lot. Really."

"Well, I just tell the truth. Not EJ 1.0 anymore."

"Hmm...I think I'm Gina 1.0 now."

"What? Gina 1.0 wasn't as great as you are." Ricky said.

"Gina 1.0 is always who I was. I started as a good person and I'm still that person now. That was Gina 2.0, this me isn't."

"I guess I sorta get that." EJ nodded. "Just call me Elton John Caswell 1.0."

"You know I love doing that, so that's no trouble." Ricky pulled me back down beside him.

"Yeah, I know you love if, Ricky. I'll see you guys in a bit."

"Bye."

"Hey, Cuties." Ashlyn plopped beside me, grabbing my non consumed hand.

"Hey, Ash. What's up."

"I just love being next to the cutest couple in existence as much as possible."

"Well, my favorite couple is not sitting together right now."

"Am I half of that." Maddox jumped over to us.

"You certainly are."

Maddox plopped on to the now cramped couch of four people, her legs over Ash's a bit to fit us all.

"I know how we can fix that problem." I said, grinning at Ricky. Then I promptly put myself fully on his lap so Ash and Maddox had more space. Maddox wasn't really a full 'sit on your lap' kind of gal, nor was Ashlyn.

"I like that idea." Ricky whispered, putting his head against my shoulder.

"Hmm, do you now?" I mumbled.

"Yes." He tightens his grasp around my stomach. "Yes, I do. But I like you even more."