Chapter 10: Slices

So excited to be on the tenth chapter already! Here's one of my favorite songs from HSMTMTS.

Big Red's POV
I'm worried about Gina. That's what I do. I worry about people, and I want them to be okay and happy.

She seems like she's enjoying what's she's doing, but she's also really burnt out. Once we're through the month of January, though, her schedule should start to slow down and be more open.
Not to say that she won't still be busy.

I'm working at Slices after school that Tuesday when Ricky comes inside with Nini and Ashlyn.

"Hey, guys." I say, walking towards their table they've selected. I quickly wipe it down.

"Hey, Biggie." Ash says.

"So what's going on?"

"Just trying to distract myself, you know?" Ricky says.

"You're worried about Gina? I was just thinking about her too. Is anyone else meeting you guys here?"

"I think that Maddox should be coming." Ashlyn said. "Oh, there she is."

"Hey, guys." Maddox slid in next to Ashlyn, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey Gadget." Ricky said.

"Nini. How are you, we haven't really talked since you were at camp." Maddox looked across the table to Nini who was beside Ricky.

"I'm good. I'm good, I've missed camp, Gadget. And everybody there."

Maddox smiled at her.

•••forty-five minutes later•••

"Well, I've gotta head out," Maddox says. "I have things to do for Romeo and Juliet and advice to give to my brother. It's a miracle I was able to get off set tonight."

"Wait, yeah. How'd you get off, with the big party scene tonight? Aren't you, like, Quinn's go to P.A. for this stuff?" Ricky asked.

"Oh, yeah. Gina and Mack are on a break now, Quinn's doing some extras stuff. She usually wants me there when it's going to be all about Gina, who she says is so beautiful that it's annoying, and Mack, who's hair is apparently too shiny."

"Oh...uhh...yeah. I've got to head out too, guys. I'll see ya!" Ricky says, after Nini steps out of the booth to let him out.

Interesting...

•••Gina's POV•••

I am in my trailer on the couch about to doze off. I just told Emmy that I would be the choreographer, we did a few takes for the masquerade party scene, and now I'm on a break. It's 8:30 PM. One more hour, I remind myself.

"Knock, knock." I hear a soft voice from my door.

"Hey, Cutie." I stand up, walking over to Ricky.

"Hi." He muttered.

He took me into his arms and rubbed my back, stiffened from the little amount of sleep I've gotten, and the fact that I haven't been in a relaxed position at all these last two weeks. He brushed some hair out of my eyes.

"You're hair looks so beautiful, Gi, but I do have to admit I miss your curls let out."

"Yeah, me too. It kind of feels like with these last two movies they haven't wanted me to be...like myself. Like they wanted to hide part of my identity."

"Well, let's make sure that doesn't happen again next time."

•••Ricky's POV•••

"Listen, Gi." I grab both her hands. "I just want to say, I know you're busy right now, you're schedule's packed, but it's been a while since we had an official date, so since you have tomorrow night off, can I take you somewhere?"

"I like that idea."

"Me too." Then we kissed for what was the first time that day.

We pulled apart, and I began leaning in again, but she put a hand on my chest.

"Ricky I have something else to tell you. It's about Wicked. They want me to be the choreographer."