Chapter 52: Break a Leg

Guys, thank you so much! We got to 9k overnight and I'm so grateful!

Gina's POV
"And that wraps our final rehearsal. Great job today, everyone. I'll see you all here tomorrow by 4 PM for Kourtney's show. Then Gina's Saturday night."

Everyone cheered.

"Wow. I can't believe it, it went so fast. I can't wait for these cameras to be gone, though." I told Ricky.

"Same. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Ricky." I loop my arms around his neck. "You're sweet."

"That's all you. You have work?"

"Yes, unfortunately."

"I'll walk you."

•••

"This is a very delicate and important scene. It's the first one written by us and not William Shakespeare when Romeo and Juliet don't die." Quinn explained.

I nod in agreement, giving Mack a warning look to take it seriously. He just stifles a laugh.

"Let's begin."

•••

"Gina!"

"Ricky, what are you doing here, it's almost eleven. The shows tomorrow." I ran over to his orange car in the parking lot as I exited my trailer.

"Well, I wanted to know if I could possibly snag some secret snuggles?"

"Now?"

"Yes."

"And where do you expect us to get away with that?"

"I just cleaned my car. The back seat?"

"Okay, Ricky."

So there we were. Sitting in the back of Ricky's car. We weren't talking or kissing, just holding each other.

•••

"Happy opening night! I've got opening night cards!" Nini squealed excitedly. "Jet, Emmy, Carlos. There you go. Kourtney, my shining star, here's your card."

"Thanks, Neeners, I need all the luck I can get."

"Your Kourtney Greene, you don't need luck." I winked at them as I walked past.

"Did someone say sixty minutes to show time?"

"EJ!" I ran over and hugged him. We were back to being pretty close again, and it made me happy that Ricky was okay with that.

"Hey, Gi, I'll be back tomorrow for your big night, so don't you even worry about that."

"Oh I'm not."

"Gina! An opening night card for you, but I have another card for you tomorrow. Oh, hey EJ." Nini smiled.

"You nervous?" EJ asked.

"For tomorrow, yes. God, yes, I'm nervous."

"Well, you'll be great. I've gotta go find my seat. Break a leg."

"Hello, my princess."

I blushed, feeling heat rising to my cheeks as I turned to face Ricky.

"Oh, God, Fiyero, you look the best."

"Thank you, and you look great Ensemble #4."

"Not for long. Tomorrow-"

"Tomorrow you'll be my dream Elphaba."

"Well what are we doing tonight?"

"After this? Guess we'll find out."

"Okay, Wildcats! Forty five minutes to places!" Miss Jenn shouted.

Everyone cheered with adrenaline.

"You've got this." I told Ricky. "I love you."

"And I love you. Mwah! Break a leg!"

"You too." He ran off. "I love you so much." I whispered, shaking my head.