14| I can protect you

"Are you ready?"

"Please. It's not like my aunts a serial killer."

Lydia walks into the school as Allison looks at me and Lainey. They both walk inside but I grab Allison's arm. 

"Can we talk after school?"

"What's wrong?"

"I just need an Argent's eye."

She nods. We walk in and everyone's eyes are on Lydia. Since she found the sheriff, still naked in the middle of the woods everyone has been gossiping about her. It's so unnecessary. 

"Do you all have nothing better to do?" I ask. "Scram."

Lydia confidently struts down the hall as Allison and Lainey follow her. Considering everything that Lydia has been through she seems fine. Even at home she seems fine. Key word seems

She's always been good at hiding how she really feels. She says she's fine but she's not. I'm letting her think she has me fooled. 

After a few classes Lainey and I  walk down the hall when Scott tugs on our arms. He pulls us into a classroom with Stiles already in it.

"When's the last time you talked to Derek?"

"The night of the winter formal. Why?"

"He turned Isaac."

Lainey looks weird. Almost like she's keeping something from us. 

"What?"

"He bit your little boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend.."

"Do you know where he is?"

"Who?"

"Your 'not boyfriend'? He just got taken in for questioning for his dad's murder."

I look at Stiles.

"When was his dad killed?"

"I don't know. My dad took Isaac to the station for questioning."

"Dad took him into custody? When?"

"During practice this morning."

I'm shocked that Isaac would even accept the bite but I'm also surprised that Derek is out here turning literal teenagers. 

But after what I saw I don't know if I can trust him. Derek may not have killed my grandmother but he comes from the family that did. And now that my grandmother literally told me not to trust the Hale's I don't know if I can. 

"Does Derek have a place here?"

"He was literally staying at the Hale house before you know everything happened."

"I'm going to the station after school."

"Dad's not gonna let you talk to him."

"I'm dad's favorite."

Lainey loves throwing that at Stiles. Noah loves both his children equally, most days but anybody can tell he's got a sweet spot for Lainey. And it makes sense she is a daddy's girl and Stiles was always a mama's boy. 

I walk out of the classroom and hurry up to chemistry. I walk in as Harris glares at me.

He doesn't like me which is weird considering he kinda likes Lydia. But I don't really care. He's a fucking douche bag. 

"Do you have a watch, Martin."

"No. They'd ruin my outfits."

A couple of the students laugh.