54| I've tried so hard to not become the villain

I stare at Reed and Sue with tears in my eyes.

"I fucked up.." I whisper. "I.. I couldn't handle the pain and I fucked up so bad."

"Why didn't you talk to us, sweetie?"

I think out of anybody Sue would've been the most understanding. Why I never reached out is beyond me. They knew Lainey died but I never let them see the pain.

"I wanted to be okay. But.. losing her was just too much for me."

Sue's eyes start watering.

"I got sent to another universe."

"You what!"

Sue puts her hand on Reed's arm. I explain the whole situation with Strange.

"I created a rift in the multiverse.. people who know me from other universes are here." I say. "There's one in particular that wants revenge for what my variant did to her."

"Oh God.."

"But that's not all.."

"What aren't you telling us, Aurora?"

I look at Sue.

"Lainey is alive.." I whisper. "And I know it's my Lainey. I know it's her. She's different now. She didn't recognize me. She.. she looked at me like I was just a random person."

Sue gets up and rushes toward me. She throws her arms around me and starts rubbing my back. She loosens her grip to grab my face.

"I wish you would've talked to us."

"I wanted to be strong."

"Even the strongest of soldiers have their breaking point."

I slowly nod while trying to hold in my tears. I look behind her at Reed.

"Please, don't be mad at me.."

He walks towards me and grabs my body.

"Let it out."

I start crying into his chest. I was finally okay with Lainey's death. I knew I couldn't bring her back and I was okay with it. I knew she was at peace.

After only a few minutes of crying I back away. I wipe my face.

"I don't know what to do. I know I need to fix it but I don't even know who is coming after me.

"I'll talk to Stephen." Reed says. "In the meantime.. go home. Your efforts are needed there."

"But-"

"Beacon Hills needs you."

"So does the world."

"Not right now."

I throw a portal, turning around to look at him.

"I can't kill her. If it comes down to it.. I won't. I'd rather die than fight her."

"I know."

I walk through the portal and find Scott, Stiles, Kira and Billy looking at a paper I'm guessing is the dead pool.

Billy must've let them into the house because why else would they be here. Lydia's still at the lake house trying to unlock the second part.

I stare at the paper in front of me. Scott, Lydia, Kira and I are all on it.

"So, why am I not on the list?"

"Probably because you're technically not even from this universe." Stiles snaps. "Just be glad you're not on it, okay?"